Chapter 3

Eddie moved down to Derry, Maine from Boston about a week ago. His mom didn't like the idea of him going to a "disgusting, big-city public high school", as she put it. Eddie had no say in it, his mom was an unbelievable force who he couldn't seem to break free from.

Luckily, he was able to suggest Derry, since he knew she liked Stan, the boy he used to be best friends with. She was thrilled when he said he wanted to move from the "hooligans" and go someplace around "safe" people. Stan was suprised, but welcomed Eddie as his friend again.

His mom wouldn't let him join school until she was ensured it was a safe learning enviroment, so he spent his week catching up with Stan, and exploring the new town as much as his mom would allow him to. This particular friday there wasn't any school, so Stan and him had decided to go to the old arcade, which took a lot of convincing from the small boy's mother to go.

"So, Stan, where's all the friends you were talking about?" The freckled boy asked while Stan played Pacman. He leaned against a violent-looking, bright game. "Oh, my friend Mike went camping with two other kids I sometimes hang around- Ben and Bill."

"Oh." Eddie nodded in understanding. "Dammit, I couldn't beat the high score.." Stan mummbled as GAME OVER flashed acrossed the screen. "Wanna go get some milkshakes before we head home?" Stan asked motioning towards the door. "Yeah, sure, lets-"

Eddie stopped, looking in the direction Stan was pointing, seeing a tall, lankey teen leaning unsteadily against the Donkey Kong machine. The small brunette quickly rushed over and looked up at the boy worriedly. The ravenette opened his eyes, recovering, before seeming startled and falling on the machine again. "Are you okay, dude?" Eddie asked, standing on his tiptoes.

Stan joined behind him. "C'mon, Eddie! I'm sure he's fine!" he said impatiently. "But what if he's epiliptic or something! I can't let someone die in front of me, Stan!" Eddie said, looking up at the tall boy in front of him. "Oh, no, I'm fine! Must be my damn glasses, I broke them this morning." The tall boy said nervously, showing Eddie the coke-bottle glasses held together messily by some tape.

   "See, Eddie, he's fine! Can we go now?" Stan said, tapping his foot. "Yeah, yeah, Stan." Eddie rolled his eyes, "But let me see those glasses a sec," He said holding out his hand. The lanky teen carefully took his glasses back off and set them gently in this boys small hand, seeming nervous of what the boy might do. Eddie took the crumpled tape off and dug in the fanny pack around his waist, pulling out a roll of medical tape.

   The freckled boy taped his glasses together perfectly, and stretched up and carefully put them back on his face. "Better?" He asked, tilting his head slightly. "Yeah, thanks , uh, Eddie?" He nodded his head. "And you're Stan, right? I'm Richie. Sorry for ruining your arcade time, heh." He said, hinting sarcasm. Stan rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, Richie. Can we go now?" Stan asked Eddie. "Yeah. Nice meeting you, Richie! Be careful with your glasses!" He said, walking out with Stan.

Once outside Stan seemed a bit upset as they began pedalling to the little diner down the road for milkshakes. As they pulled in and got off their bikes, Eddie watched Stan, confused about the noodle-haired boy's reaction to the boy he just met.

    As they sat down with their milkshakes in somewhat-awkward silence, Eddie spoke up. "Stan?" He asked, getting the other boy's attention. "What's up?" Stan nervously spoke, already knowing.

"Why don't you like Richie?"

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

sorry this chapter is sorta rushed, its kinda just a filler to get caught up on eddie's view i guess? anywho, i hope you're enjoying the story so far! i'm sorry it's not great, but I promise i'm trying to get better!!

Thanks for reading!! I appreciate it lots :)