CHAPTER 2: Real Birthday

22nd of August-

"Wake up!Wake up! C'mon Wake up!"Henry's eyes were opened by a song that he had never heard. It was the alarm set by Steffi. It seemed as if she was lost deep in her dreams because she didn't seemed to be disturbed by the alarm. Henry was not used to of waking up by alarms. It was Mrs. Banff who woke him up. Henry climbed downstairs and saw that no one else was awake till now. It was 8 in the morning and the house was covered in darkness. He went into kitchen to have some water when bumped into something and stumbled down on the floor. And suddenly all the lights lit up and came a loud noise followed by sprinkles and shiny paper all around. "Hey lil' champ! What did you thought that we would forget this day? No way!"said Mr. Banff.Henry was stunned. He didn't thought of anything like this before. His smile seem to be fixed on his sweet face.

"Wanna know what's in there in those boxes?"asked Mr. Banff. Henry nodded his head eagerly. Mrs. Banff lifted up one of the boxes and opened the wrapping and out came came a small aquarium, beautifully decorated with artificial bonsai and gravel. A small bag, filled with water, had something small and glittery in it. Mrs. Banff set up the aquarium and put a small fish into it. "This is a Betta fish, my son. I bought it especially for you" said Mrs. Banff. Henry pressed his face towards the glass and stared at the small beauty. "Blue! I'll call it Blue!" said Henry with a glimmer in his eyes.

 "Blue! I'll call it Blue!" said Henry with a glimmer in his eyes

"C'mon champ! Don't you want to see my present?" said Mr. Alex while patting Henry's back. Henry unwrapped the gift and found a big book named 'Best children without any support'. "I bought this book as soon as I got the news that you're coming to stay with us. But boy don't think I bought it to remind you of your past or to tease you in any other way. I bought it so that you too get inspired and shine forth like a diamond in this world" said Mr Alex. "Thank you so much uncle. You've got such a kind heart", said Henry blissfully. "And last but not the least, here's my gift. It is rather small in size as compared to the other two but still I hope you would love it ,Henry", said Mr Banff. Henry eagerly opened up the small box and what he saw looked truly occult. Henry gawked at it open mouthed. It was a snow globe with a golden Christmas tree inside it and golden antique work on its holder. The holder also had on it written in black 'Fasqoyi'. "What does it mean,dad?"asked a confused Henry. "Don't know my child, but would have some deep meaning", said Mr Banff with a smile on his face that had never been seen before by anyone.

 "Don't know my child, but would have some deep meaning", said Mr Banff with a smile on his face that had never been seen before by anyone

"Ok Guys! It's time to cut the cake", said Mrs. Banff happily, clapping her hands to gather attention.

While all this was going on, Claira stood uncommunicatively in a corner, observing each and everything. She hated Henry so much that she didn't even wished him on his nameday! A moment later Claira silently slipped out of the kitchen and rushed upstairs into Steffi's room and banged the door behind her. "Very good! Everyone is celebrating downstairs with that...."said Claira in a cursing tone, clenching her jaws. Her fingers curled into fist and she closed her eyes in anger. She sat down on her knees and made a false smile. "Steffi, my princess! Wake up, everyone's havin' fun and cutting cake"she said, calming herself down. "What's wrong in that mom! After all it's Henry's nameday today. I must also wish him" said Steffi casually and this flared up Claira's anger as never expected this from her daughter

After all the celebration and stomach-filling meals, at around six in the evening the phone bell rang. Mr Alex went to answer it and moments later called Mr Banff as it was for him.
Mr Banff came back with a grave look. "Honey, we need to go back to Paris. It's really urgent. There are some serious problems related to our property", said Mr Banff to Mrs Bono. "But what about Henry, my love!" questioned Mrs Bono with much worreidness. "No need to stress for Henry, mother. He'll stay here with us here with us. And Steffi and Henry can play and study together." Said Mr Alex trying to satisfy her. "Ok then! It's all set and we're leaving in an hour" said Mr Banff hoping that Henry would get some company here.

This was the first time Henry was going to stay without the Banffs. He was a bit nervous about how he would be treated by the Edevanes. But still the pleasing smile of Mr Alex gave his tender heart some relaxation. Today's night was gonna be long one for Henry.

(A/N: I hope you all are liking the story till here. Sorry for not updating till now but now you have a new chapter. Tell me in the comments how  did you find the story till here. I'll try to update more frequently. And yes, the actors and actresses for the story's characters have been selected. Also tell if this length of chapter is fine cause this one's a bit longer than the previous one. Thank you!)