The Training Centre

So, I had literally wrote all of this and was ready to 'publish' it but then I was no, I don't want that story arc, so I re-wrote the entire thing. So sorry this came out a bit later!

The next day, I managed to sleep in. Not a wise thing to do on our first day. 

It would not make a good impression for the other tributes. 

I awoke to the knocks on my door. 

"Hello?" I manage to barely mumble. 

"Y/N, we are late, we need to go like right now," Finnick frantically tells me from the other side of the door. 

I quickly haul ass out of bed, and grab the clothes that Flaxe had laid out for me to wear in training. 

I throw my hair into a quick ponytail and make my way out of my room. 

I rush towards the elevator, with Finnick quickly following behind as I ignore the breakfast that is laid out on to table in front of us. 

As we make it down to the training centre, it seems we didn't have anything to be worried about. Only a few of the tributes seem to be there. 

The training itself doesn't normally begin until 10 o'clock, so Finnick and I just stand there and decide to scout out the other tributes. 

I spot District 12 first, the team I hoped to ally with. 

Katniss never seems to be impressed whenever I see her. I don't blame her. She was stuck in this position only a year ago, with the same partner. Although, I am pretty sure this time they aren't going to allow for more than one Victor. 

So, she knows either she will make it out without him by her side or she will come to her death. Or, as a tragic love story always seems to appear, neither one of them will survive. 

Katniss notices that I am observing them, she gives me a smile which I am well aware is fake and I return it with one just as fake. 

By 10 o'clock, only half of the tributes have shown up.

Atala, the person who runs the training, doesn't seem to take any care of their absence and begins her introduction. 

She runs through the list of stations, then releases us to go train. 

Finn heads over the knot tying station, and I make my way over to the combat station.  

As I arrive at the combat station I see that Johanna is already there. 

Oh, how I have missed this girl. 

As I choose my weapon, I joke with her. 

"Your outfit was absolutely stunning," I say in the most Capitol accent I can manage. 

She plays along. 

"Why thank you," she responds, " your own was quite something". 

We laugh at our little joke. 

I return to my normal voice as I look over at Katniss, "neither one had anything on Cinna's though". 

"Oh that is for sure," Johanna responds. 

Johanna picks up her axe and throws it around in her hand. 

She nods towards the simulation. 

"Want a go?" she asks. 

I smile and pick my spears up, "definitely". 

We head into the sim and set the difficulty to 'hard'. In any ordinary games, medium would suffice, but we are competing against people who have won these games. And none of them did it with kindness.