A Lesson in Phobias

Mikey whimperd as the thunder once again boomed, shaking the whole bed he was currently hiding under.

He had been scared of storms since he was a tot, but had grown out of it after he turned 10...or so he though it.

When they were tots, they were all scared of storms, but Leo, Donnie and Raph outgrew it when they turned 10.

Mikey, on the other hand...did not.

"I can't let them know I'm still a big baby....then they'll tease me and laugh." Mikey whimpered.

Flashback....

10-year-old Mikey sat with his brothers shaking. "Storms are scawy." He whimperd, jumping as thunder boomed.

Little Raph rolled his eyes. "I'm not scared! You're actin' like a baby!" He said, crossing his arms, though he was shaking.

"I'm scared..." Leo replied, looking a little afaid. Mikey only whimperd in response.

"Thunder works like this..." Donnie said, before he began rambling on about how storms work in a language Mikey couldn't understand.

Flashback over:

There hadn't been a storm since then, which only made it even more scary.

He decided to just stay in his room, under the safety of his bed. Everytime thunder or lightening struck, he would jump and hit his head.

"I'll just hide under here until the storm stops." Mikey mumbled, hugging his old teddy bear tight.

Meanwhile, the older brothers were in the lair watching a movie. "Hey Raph, can you go see if Mikey wants to watch the movie with us?"

Raph begrudgingly got up and walked to Mikey's room. He found his youngest brother's feet sticking out from under the bed.

"Hey Mike, wanna watch a movie? And uh why are you under the bed?"  Mikey jumped at the voice and hit his head.

"Ow!" He complained. "Oh uh...I dropped my new comic under here....yeah, I was just getting it."

Mikey lied, smiling way too big. Raph raised an eyebrow. "Uh....ok but why are you clutching that teddy bear?"

Mikey reluctantly put his teddy bear on his bed. "No reason bro...you uh said something about a movie?"

Raph nodded. "Yeah, you comin' or not?" He asked, a little annoyed. Mikey agreed, but was nervous.

How was he supposed to hide his fear? He sat on the couch with his bros and saw the movie was an animated one, his favorite.

About 10 minutes into the movie, a clash of lightening suddenly makes the power...and lights....go out.

A high-pitched scream rang out, "Mikey, calm down! The power just went out, we're fine!" Leo said.

Mikey blushed. "Uh, that wasn't me bro..." He replied.  Raph was blushing as red as his mask. "Uh...m-me neither." He stammered.

Donnie got a battery-powered lamp from his lab and lit up the room. "Ok...the powers completely cut... probably due to the storm."

Mikey gulped. He wasn't a big fan of the dark either....but at least it wasn't as scary and as the storm.

He huddled on the couch as thunder boomed yet again. "Are you ok, Mikey?" Leo asked worriedly.

Mikey was literally shaking. He just hoped his bros couldn't tell in the dimly-lit room.