Chapter 2 - A friendly encounter

(H/N) - His Name

(Y/N) pov

I was sitting in my bed listening to music when there was a knock at the door. "Come in," I said while taking out an earbud. All the sudden jack runs into my room chasing the cat up my bed and get trampled by not only a fat cat but a cute little seven year old that has amazing amounts of energy. "Well hello Jack," I said picking up the cat and placing him on the pillow before he scratched me. 

"Why does he always sit on your pillow?" Jacks asked giving the cat a look. 

"Hes very territorial of that pillow for some reason. Which I will find out," I say the last part will a kiddie voice and stick my hand up. Jack starts laughing and I take that moment to tickle him only for the kid to turn on me and tickle me. We tickle each other for at least 5 minutes before we both just lay there tired. 

"Can we go for a run in the park today?" Jack asked turning his head toward me. 

"Sure buddy, just let me get on something I can run and stretch in. Why don't you take the cat and go downstairs while I change." I say sitting up. 

"Okay," Jack says as he sits up grabs the cat and leaves. I start getting dressed as my thoughts drift to a place I wish I could forget, a place that i wish no longer existed. I pull myself out of my thoughts and hurried to get dressed and head downstairs. When I got downstairs I saw my mom helping Jack pack snacks and I just smiled. "I packed your favorite," he said holing up Korean rice treats. I put my hands on my hips and and smile. 

"You know me to well kido," I say and walk over to check whats in the snack bag, "You have water bottles with ice packed mom?" I say looking at her

"Yes, ill be in my room if you need me, please keep him out of the house till at least 30 minutes before his aunt comes. Also you might meet his dad soon." my mom says as she heads up stairs. 

"Okay thanks," I say almost inaudible, "You ready to go Jack?" I ask closing the back and putting the cold water bottles in the bag. 

"Yahhh!!" He says Jumping up and down, "I'll go put my shoes on," He says again as he raises down the stairs to the front door. I Grab a piece of paper and write a note to my step dad then put it on the fridge and I grab the bag and head downstairs. Now most people think that 14 year old kids can't drive but when you have special permission. You can drive in any state. That's my state. I went out to the car and put the bag in the trunk and then got Jack into his car seat and we drove to the park. When we got to the park I got Jack out and we both had a granola bar before we started with a half mile run around the park. When we finished that we wound up back at the car for water and a brake. He went to the park and I checked in with my Godfather. 

"Hi (H/N), Hows it going?" I say when he answers the phone

"Good, It looks like i'm going to be stuck in LA for the next 2 weeks so I can't come down, I'm so sorry I can't make it to your party," He says 

"Its okay, although I got a new kid to babysit." I say glancing up at the park to see if Jack was still there.

"Oh okay, I hope your both doing well, Hows the car? You crash it yet?" He says that last part with a chuckle and I start laughing.

"No (H/N) I haven't crashed the car yet, and the kid is a total angel," I say thinking back to all the fun we had. and all the fun we will have.

"That's good to hear," He says cutting into my thoughts, "Hey I have to go work is calling, Talk to you later Kido?" 

"Yah bye (H/N)," I say and hang up. "Hey Jack! Come here!" I say and turn around to put my phone back and getting for another half mile run. 

"Yes?" He says coming up behind me. I turn around and kneel down. 

"I want to do another half mile then do some sprints, Okay?" I ask getting his opinion on my plan. 

"Okay," He says taking a sip of his water then putting it back.

"Good, get ready because i'm going to beat you." I say closing the trunk and locking the car. 

"No you won't," He says and takes off and I run after him. It takes us about 5-6 minutes to finish that and we g back to the car and get snack and water before doing sprints. Jack grabs a granola bar and walks out to sit and eat while I put my water bottle to my head to try and cool down. After that I put my waterbottle down and go sit down by Jack. 

"You doing okay buddy?" I ask looking at him. 

"Yah, i'm just a little tired." He said while taking another bite of the bar. 

"Okay well why don't you finish that then we can do sprints and then go to a ....... Movie?" I ask already knowing the answer. 

"Yes yes yes, yes please!" He said almost jumping up, He then took another bite of his bar and almost shoved the entire thing into his mouth. 

"Whoa slow down we can rest a little," I said trying to calm him down. He finished his bar and we both got up, Jack went to throw his trash  away while I mapped out our sprints in my head. When he got back I started explaining the plan to him. "Okay so what were doing is close to  suicides but not as intense. We are going to go that trash can and back then to the tree and stop." I said while pointing fingers at the places. 

"Got it," He said with a lot of excitement and his voice. 

"Okay lets get lined up," Said walking over to the starting point, "On 3, 1....2...."

puts his hands on her shoulders and screams, "BOO." 

"AHHH," I screamed and put this person into a head lock. "Wait,...... Austin?" I say confused and still on edge. 

"Yep that's...me, can you let go now?" Austin said trying to pull away

"uh yah sorry. Wait what are you doing her!" I yell and punch his shoulder. 

"Ow, and I came to say hi, Who's this little fella," Austin said while ruffling Jacks hair. 

"Austin this is Jack, I'm baby sitting him. Jack this is Austin, my friend since well I was born." I say

******

word count is 1160