Greeting at the Grave

"Ow.. stupid twigs." Ghoul huffed as he woke up from his deep sleep. His whole body ached from the hard ground and all the thorns stuck in his skin. He picked them out one by one, hissing at the pain. Though he was a ghost, he could still feel physical pain. It was odd, but it was better than not feeling anything.
Ghoul was by his grave stone like always. He hasn't gone anywhere else. Maybe he would explore further away from the grave yard sometimes, but not too far since he was afraid of getting lost. He hadn't talked to anyone in what felt like forever. Over 330 years he had been alone. He mostly talked to plants and the other graves. He considered them his family, friends, and he even gave plants names. His favorite was Paul the poppy plant. He loved talking with them, about his feelings, adventures, dreams, everything. He felt close to the plant. Though Paul didn't talk back, Paul was like a sibling to Ghoul.
Ghoul was definitely not the wisest, but he certainly wasn't the dumbest. He had one goal and one goal only, to get revenge on his mother. He would try to find her wandering soul and get his revenge by torturing her endlessly because of the things she had done to him.
Ghoul growled a little and snapped the twig in his hand at the thought of his mother's face before he woke up six feet under. He stood up, brushing himself off. He was going to go explore, that was until he heard some footsteps nearby, and they were LOUD! Ghoul stopped in his tracks, frozen from fear. He snapped his gaze towards the direction of the noise.
"Fuck, stupid roots." A man grunted behind the large bushes. Ghoul's breathing quickened a little. He glanced around frantically, trying to find a place to hide. He dove behind a rather large grave stone, trembling. His tears hit the ground and his fingers dug into the dirt, gripping onto the ground like he was going to be suddenly pulled away.

The man sighed heavily and glanced around,"Finally. Some peace and quiet." He sat down on the flower bed full of dead flowers, not caring one bit.
Ghoul slowly peeked out from behind the grave, studying the man. The man was rather tall and muscular. He definitely did not look like any species he had ever seen. He had strange markings on his chest, arms, face, and his neck. His eyes were dark and cold. His teeth looked like they were sharp enough to tear through raw mutton without any struggle. Ghoul gulped, then noticed what he was sitting on. He shot up out of instinct and yelled,"Hey! You're sitting on my friends!" He gasped and slapped his hand over his mouth quickly, staring dead at the man.
The man heard the high pitched voice and looked at Ghoul, raising an eyebrow,"Friends?" He looked down at the dead flowers, confused. "They're flowers." He stood up, slowly walking towards Ghoul. "What are you anyway..?" A low, deep growl rumbled in his throat.
Ghoul looked up at the man, his legs trembling,"U-Um.. Im.. a ghost.."
"Weird. I didn't know ghosts lived here."
"I.. I've been here for over three hundred years.." Ghoul stammered.
The man snickered,"What's your name, kid?"
Kid? Ghoul frowned,"Im not a kid! And my name is Ghoul." He huffed and crossed his arms angrily, but he just looked like a spoiled little kid. The man chuckled at his behavior.
"Well you're acting like one. I'm Charlie, and yeesh. You look like shit."
"I do..?" Ghoul looked down at himself. Yeah he looked pretty skinny, and dirty. His scarf and shorts were covered in dirt. "I guess I do.."
"C'mon, you look like you need some help." Charlie motioned for him to follow him. Ghoul hesitated though. He didn't know if he should trust this man or not. But, at the same time, he was super excited to be talking to another person after many years of being alone. He shook his head and caught up with him.
"Wait for me!"