Is this friendship?

As the two walked, Ghoul was wondering where or how far this place was. It made him panic thinking about how far it was from his own home. The worried look on his face gave his fear away and Charlie noticed.
"Hey, I'm not gonna hurt ya. If I wanted to, I would've already." He grinned. That didn't help Ghoul one bit. Charlie turned his gaze back in front of him. "I've already hurt someone today. You're not worth the energy anyway." Ghoul was then picked up and placed on Charlie's shoulder. Ghoul gasped and clung onto him, afraid of falling. Charlie smiled a little. Ghoul's hands were small and soft, but a little cold on Charlie's skin. He didnt mind though. Ghoul closed his eyes and hid his face in the back of Charlie's neck. Ghoul relaxed from the warmth and let him carry him inside the car.
Time passed as they drove. Ghoul was mostly fascinated by the car. It was both scary and cool looking! He had never seen one before, so it was totally new for him.
They ended up in front of a hotel.
"I thought we were going to your place?" Ghoul asked with a confused look.
"Change of plans. Besides, it would help us get to know each other better." Charlie smirked a bit. Ghoul thought that was a good idea since Charlie was helping him out. Maybe they could be friends! Ghoul smiled at the thought.
"Yeah! Maybe we could be friends!" He exclaimed. "It would be nice." He kicked his feet slowly. Charlie chuckled.
"Sure."
They both got out of the car and Charlie got them a room.