Haunted Memories

~Slight trigger warning. Extremely vague reference to Sexual Assault.~

"Please leave."

"No, I won't." He sounded annoyed. What the hell had he got to be annoyed about?

Scooping up the rest of the escaped bandage, he walked over to you, the sound of his boots on the cold concrete floor sounding like drums, filling the thick void of silence. As he moved in to finish off what Kelly had started, you watched him accusingly, then violently grabbed him by the wrist, shaking from the effort but also your anger. You pulled him closer to you, whispering, "Stay the fuck away from me." then proceeded to forcefully throw his arm across the room, causing him to stumble backwards. He looked at you in utter disbelief, conflicting emotions overwhelming him all at once; sadness, anger, frustration. Confusion. He began pacing the room in his annoyance, his face a brewing storm, and then he suddenly slammed his hand forcefully on to the table next to you, making you jump up and flinch.

"And why the fuck should I do that? Huh?" That hurt look again. You felt guilty, but your anger overpowered any other emotion you were feeling in that moment, manipulating every action, every word.

"Because you're a piece of shit that's why! I don't want anything more to do with you so please just LEAVE."

"I don't know what the fuck you're talking about! Jesus, I saved you, then you saved me, fine, we're even. Then I have to carry your sorry ass for god knows how long, and stay up all night to keep watch, so technically you owe me."

You scoffed, unable to believe what you were hearing.

"I don't owe you shit. I will never owe you anything!"

"Jesus," He began pacing yet again, trying to work off some of his frustration. "WHAT THE FUCK DID I DO?"

The volume and severity of his voice caught you off guard, and suddenly you felt very vulnerable. Your voice caught in your throat and you were unable to articulate a proper response, instead just mumbling incoherently whilst you were frozen in shock. He moved in just inches from your face, the heat from his face and breath suffocating you. You were glued to the spot, unable to avert your eyes from his, locked in a sea of torment. Everything around you stopped, as if you were stuck in this moment. Fear had made time stand still- you were sure he was going to hurt you. You worried how, when he whispered, so softly but so full of pain, that you then realised his intent never was to hurt you- it was you who ended up hurting him.

"What did I do?"

Overwhelmed with emotion, you immediately burst into tears, clutching your wet face with your hands, sobs escaping your lips. He took your hands in his, pulling them slowly away from your face, as he knelt down in front of you. You could feel his hazel eyes searching for the answer in your face, yet you looked at your thighs, unable to meet his gaze. Instead, stumbling through your words, you responded, "You walked with them. I can't trust you."

"I walked with, 'them'? Who's- Oh you mean the masked freaks? Yeah, only for about a week, quite recently. I made them believe I was on their side, but now they want my head. You see, I kinda killed their leader."

Your head shot up, your face a picture of surprise and disbelief.

"You killed her? She's dead?" You couldn't believe it.

"Yeah I did." He spoke softly, a thumb rubbing gentle circles on the top of your hand. "Wait, 'she'? How did you know that kid?"

You inhaled deeply, and let out a shaky breath. What better time was there for the truth to come out?

"I'd run into them before." You used your sleeve to wipe away the tears that streaked your face. The epitome of beauty, you were sure.
"It was about a year ago, if time scales even matter any more. I was around this area, and a small group of them found where I had set up. Men."
You swallowed nervously, still looking down at anything but his face. You knew you shouldn't be, it wasn't your fault, but you were deeply, humiliated. Ashamed. The memories still haunted you.  Drawing up your courage, you carried on.
"They uh...hurt me. Then left when their 'Alpha' found them and told them to re group. She just stood there, watching. Then she walked away. I left after that and didn't plan on coming back, but that horde made me take a detour and... well, here I am."