The Battle- Going out with a Bang.

You crept stealthily towards Beta, knife poised and ready to strike, but before you could reach the beast that towered above you, you felt cold steel being pushed against your throat, the sharp edge splitting your skin. You grimaced as the pressure increased, causing your already swollen windpipe to close off even more, your breath struggling to leave your lungs. You'd been stupid again. Two skin freaks had hidden around the corner, ready to intervene if anything came to stand in their new Alpha's way. The one bearing the knife pressed a rancid masked face to your cheek, pulling you into his body with his free arm so you couldn't escape.

"Don't try anything, otherwise the floor will be painted with your blood."

You turned your head slightly to the left to face him the sharpened edge of the knife carving a red line along your neck, and managed a smirk.

"Like your dead friend?"

Your voice scraped painfully against your throat and it was barely audible, but it was enough for the second whisperer to bury his fist into your tender stomach, making you fall to the floor in agony.

"Little bitch."

Before he could land another blow, Beta had got a hold of Negan and dragged him across the floor until he was directly in front of you.

"Kneel."

"Come on fellas, can't we come out of this with some sort of deal-"

You didn't see how, but Beta must have signalled to the two behind you because suddenly you were on your back laying down on the floor, being pinned firmly down by Skin Freak 1, the same knife now pressing dangerously into your shoulder. Negan's whole cocksure act was immediately dropped as he realised they weren't fucking around.

"Hey, look, she hasn't done anything, so why don't you let her go and-"

"Kneel!"

You could only watch as the tip of the knife sunk down into your flesh, and you let out a shriek of pain as you felt hot blood spilling out over your shoulder and soaking your shirt.

"OK, OK, DAMMIT I'LL KNEEL, JUST STOP IT, STOP IT!"

A wave of relief washed over you as you could feel the blade retreat backwards. You tried to move your arms and legs but they were cemented firmly to the floor by strong hands and bony knees that dug into your skin. The one thing you could move was your head, and you could see Negan in the kneeling position looking relieved, but also incredibly angry. Beta was resting a large hand across Negan's shoulder, holding him in place. He started to laugh, it building up gradually in his throat, low and gruff, until it crescendoed into a loud and taunting sneer. Crouching down so he was level with Negan's ear, you were able to catch what he whispered to him,

"You have brought much pain and suffering to the horde. You killed our Alpha. And for that you must pay."

Negan scowled as Beta adjusted his grip on him, and then pointed his machete directly at your head.

"You care for this one."

You shifted your weight in a hope of getting your blood flowing in your legs again, and as you did so you felt the sharp point of your knife dig in to your thigh. That fucking knife. If you got out of this alive you were going to invest in a a new weapon- one that wasn't so easily misplaced. You tried to move your hand so you could reach it but bony fingers held your arm firmly in place.

"She's a stubborn little bitch isn't she?"

You responded through gritted teeth.