Chapter 10

Akane POV
I set down the cups of hot chocolate and milk, processed and aged thanks to the help of some friends, on the small three legged table I built a long time ago.

Kagome looks on eagerly as Sango looks at the cups with interest. " I've never seen these weird looking cups before, Akane-chan, Oh- is it alright for me to call you that?" Sango asked

"Oh its fine, Sango, you can just call me Akane, so can you Kagome, I don't really mind informal speech, I've had my fill with Inuyasha and his brother, these are cups I've brought back from a trip to the Western Continent. They do look a bit strange, but I do like them, the handles are very efficient" I answered.

Kagome piped in, "In my world, all sorts of mugs and cups are universal, meaning they're being used anywhere and everywhere! Including these cups!"

"Oh my! Your world sounds fun, Kagome" I exclaim, smiling widely, tail  noticeably swishing.

We drank our hot chocolate, warm milk for me, in a comfortable silence, slowly getting used to the smell of chocolate and milk wafting through the cottage, and the presence of each other.

Kagome was the first to retire, saying how she should go look for where Inuyasha went. I'm grateful that my brother has her. He's in good hands.

Sango and I were left together and we started talking about our pasts and circumstances. I heard of what happened to her village and how her brother, Kohaku, is in the hands of Naraku. I was furious, how could he use precious bonds like that!

I also told her of my circumstances, well, how much I was allowed to reveal to people outside my clan that is. Sango soon began to feel drowsy and bid farewell, trudging upstairs to find a guest bedroom, I suppose.

She was probably too tired to realize I wasn't the one who turned off the lights, my old friends were. I looked back at the room fondly, at the tea stained counters, shabby, dirt encrusted, dirty tea towel, tea stained mugs, chipped cups, cracked glass, odd assortment of cups, crumpled towel, slimy draining board, unrinsed dishes, ancient stove, wobbly three legged table, magically move and clean themselves up, as if saying, "Welcome back...", I smiled and whispered,
.
.
.
"Thank you, good night, fairies"