Traveling Towards the New

Julian (16) meets Anya (15)

Whenever Julian would go traveling, he would always avoid going to Arendelle. He didn't know why, but he did. Maybe it's because he felt like if he did go there, everyone would recognize him and send him back, or maybe it's because he felt a little bit guilty for what his father did. But he doesn't feel that way anymore. He has come to see that his father's mistake is on his father, not on him. He shouldn't have to feel guilty for his father's actions. He shouldn't have to feel responsible, in any way, for the crimes that his father's committed. His father's actions shouldn't define his life. He is not his father and nothing like him. This was his life.

So on one beautiful, early morning, Julian made his way to his boat and when the captain asked where he wanted to go, Julian said "Arendelle." The captain asked if he was sure because he knew about the young prince's insecurities revolving around that particular kingdom, but Julian said yes. He wanted to see Arendelle and, in some way, face the past, stand up to it, and show that he was not like Hans.

Julian's boat was not one of the royal ships. It wasn't big and fancy, it didn't show any sign of royalty. He picked it so that he wouldn't draw attention to himself or show right away who he was. He didn't want people to judge him before they got to know him.

As they sailed, Julian was restless. He was excited and nervous and just everywhere, but he knew that this experience would be good for him.

Soon enough, Arendelle came into view. Julian looked in wonder as it all became bigger. The castle the first thing that fully presented itself. It was absolutely beautiful.

While Julian's boat was being docked, inside the castle, Anya and Reed had decided that they were going to make cookies. Since their parents were in a royal meeting, Anya and Reed want to surprise their parents when they were done. So Anya went to her room to get some money, told the royal staff that she was going out, and went off to go buy some ingredients.

As Anya made her way to the kingdom's shops, she noticed a boat at the dock. It was a smaller boat than the boats that usually dock there, so she kept looking at it. Once she walked a little bit closer, she noticed a boy, about her age, exit the boat. She didn't recognize him.

"I've never seen him around here before," Anya said to herself, "I'm going to go say 'hi.'"

And she walked over to where the boy was standing, as he looked around.

"Hi! I'm Princess Anya. I saw you from over there and I didn't recognize you so I just wanted to say 'hi' and welcome you to Arendelle" Anya gestured to her kingdom around her.

"Wow...um well thank you" Julian nervously replied, "I'm Pri- Julian, I'm Julian" he stumbled, catching himself. He usually never slips like that, but because Anya had introduced herself with her title, he had a sudden urge to do so as well.

"Hi, Julian! So what brings you to Arendelle?" Anya asked, not noticing the stumble.

"Well, my family talks a lot about Arendelle and its beauty so I wanted to experience it for myself" Julian answered.

"Are you here with your family?" Anya wondered

"No, it's just me" he said simply

"That's pretty cool. So since you're here to see Arendelle, would you like an official tour?" Anya asked excitedly.

"Oh no, I couldn't. You were probably doing some important thing-" Julian started to decline.

"No I wasn't, I'd be glad to give you a-" Anya cut him off

"That's nice of you to offer, but I can't stay long anyway, I told my parents I'd be home" Julian explained

"Oh, ok" Anya's excitement started to fade