Someday

[We are now in Principal Lee's office, where the coach and principal are talking. Zed is sitting in a chair, thinking he's in trouble.]

Coach: He went through our offensive linemen like they were scrawny freshmen!

[Zed stands up, ready to elaborate on what just happened. But she beats him to it, holding a finger up to get him to be quiet.]

Zed: Principal Lee, I can explain. 

Principal Lee: Da ba da da ba. Coach wants you on his team. 

"Really?!" Zed stood up, facing the coach. Zevon's eyes were wide. He thought for sure Zed was in trouble!

"Yeah! With strength like that!" Coach exclaimed, just as excited. "Maybe I can finally turn my life around!" 

"Go Zed! Yay!" Zoey yelled. She was so happy for her brother!

"I knew you could do it!" Addison congratulated. She jumped up and pecked him on the cheek, smiling. Zed smiled back at her, excitement evident in his eyes.

[Zed looked at the principal in disbelief. He was skeptical. Coach nodded his head in response to him.]

Zed: Really?

Coach: Yeah. With a monster like... monster.. player? like you, we could turn the football team around. 

Coach cringed. He had to be more careful with his wording. He didn't want to offend the zombies. They were pretty cool after all. 

[Zed looks at the coach when he calls him a monster. As he gets more excited, Zed looks over to the principal, as if to make sure this is really happening. Zed starts nodding along to what the coach says.]

Coach (cont.): And with fan support, maybe I can keep my job. Move out of my parents' basement. Get a cat. Get a gym membership. Turn it all around!

[As the coach gets hysterical, Principal Lee shakes her head and sighs. Coach starts to tear up and grabs Zed by the arms, begging him at this point.]

Coach (cont.): It sounds so dreamy! I need you on the team Zed!

"Wow. You're not desperate at all." Eliza drawls out. Zed chuckles. 

"Wouldn't you be too if your life was going nowhere, then someone showed up out of the blue with the promise that things could change?" Coach said defensively. 

[Zed looks at the coach, a little startled.]

Zed: Ok. Can you just gimme a second... to... think about it. 

Coach: Yeah, sure. [unintelligible stammering]

Zed: Cool cool cool. Cool. Cool. We're cool. 

Principal Lee: Pull it together 

[Coach adjusts Zed's collar, then walks towards Principal Lee. She gives him a disapproving look. Meanwhile, Zed turns back to us, excitement kicking in.]

Zed: Who's the zombie! I'm the zombie! And this zombie's playing some ball!

"I'm so happy for you, Zed! You made the team!" Addison exclaimed. 

"Thanks!" he replied. 

[Zed sighs and composes himself. He turns to look at the principal and coach.]

Zed: I can only agree if there are some changes. Full integration. For all zombies. 

"Wow, Zed. You'd really do that for us?" Eliza questioned. When she heard he'd made the team, she was so excited for him. But that didn't mean humans would change the way they feel about zombies. But now, Zed was trying to get zombies more accepted. She never thought football could do so much good.