Chapter 16: McCree is a Cowboy Babyyy

McCree rushed into the Main House, sweat dripping down his forehead. His cowboy hat fell off his head, and onto the ground as he ran. He picked it up, put it back on his head, and continued running.

He checked the big clock in the room. His eyes widened with fear. "It's 7:15," he said in his 'it's high noon' voice.

He rushed into the meeting room and slammed the door behind him. Each hero looked at him as if he were crazy.

Reaper looked up at McCree, his eyes narrowed. "You're late," he growled.

McCree smiled smugly. He looked at Reaper with his coffee-brown eyes. "And the sky is blue."

Reaper growled. He was looking at some papers, signing them with a pen. His eyes were narrowed with concentration as he looked at them.

McCree stooped his head up so he could see the papers. "What do you got there, partner?"

Reaper turned the papers over so the snooping cowboy couldn't see. "Nothing for you to worry about, partner."

"Hmm." McCree thought for a moment. "Are you sure about that?"

Reaper looked guilty. "Uh-huh."

McCree sat in his assigned seat. "Sorry, I'm late," he apologized. "I was doin' something."

Moira sniffed. "With this 15 minutes wasted, I could have found out why the universe was created, but instead I had to wait for you to get here." She narrowed her eyes at McCree.

McCree tried his best to look innocent. "Well, I'm sorry, darlin.' I was doin' something really important."

Reaper sighed. "What were you doing that was so important for you to miss this meeting, Jesse? Go ahead, tell us. I'm listening."

McCree blushed with embarrassment. "I-I don't want to talk about it."

Reaper looked awkward. "Umm...okay, let's just start this meeting."

"No, no!" McCree lowered his cowboy hat so no one could see his embarrassment. "I didn't do anything weird!"

Ashe shifted uncomfortably. 

Reaper lifted an eyebrow and looked at Ashe. "Well?"

"What?" Ashe demanded. "What'cha you lookin' at me for?"

Reaper looked away. "Nevermind. Let's just get started, shall we?"

Ashe grumbled something. Reaper glared at her and cleared his throat.

But before Reaper could say anything, D.Va screamed to the top of her lungs.

Reaper jumped, so did a few others at the table. Ashe gave D.Va a death stare. "What was that for?"

D.Va giggled. "Nothing. I just wanted to scare Reaper, and I succeeded. YAY!"

Reaper glared at D.Va, his eyes glowing red with anger. "HANA, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?"

D.Va giggled again. "I don't know. UwU, sorry Weaper."

Reaper grumbled something to himself in Spanish, then started the meeting. 

"Okay, everybody just calm down. There will be no training today. I wanted to give you all a little break from being good." He eyed D.Va, as if singling her out from the 'good group.' "But we will still be doing night patrol. For tonight I want Symmetra and Junkrat to stand guard."

Junkrat let out a creepy laugh. Symmetra rolled her eyes, clearly not fond of spending the whole night with crackhead Junkrat.

"Do I have to?" Symmetra asked in her thick Indian accent.