Chapter 22: Escape

"Are you sure you're alright to be here alone?" Yuki asked her sister. "Yes, don't worry about me." Nanami replied. Just then, the door opened and Sasshi entered with bags full of groceries on her both hands. "I'm home." She said as she removed her shoes then she stopped upon seeing Yuki.

"Oh, you're here? I thought you were at the hospital?" Sasshi asked. "Yes, I was at the hospital earlier. By the way, why did you leave Nanami all by herself? What if something happened to her while we're both gone?!"

"Relax. I just went out to get some groceries because we're out of supplies and besides, no one knows where this place is. Not even Matsumura, so I am confident that Nanami's safe here." Sasshi explained. Yuki just sighed. Deep inside, she knew that her best friend was right. But still, she couldn't help but feel worried.

"I know you are worried right now, I can tell just by the look in your face. But it's already been almost a month now and nothing has happened. I'm sure everything's going to be alright now." Sasshi said as she pat on Yuki's shoulder. Yuki let out a smile. "Hey, am I really that easy to read?" "Of course. You're a reaction queen, everything's always written all over your face." Yuki just rolled her eyes upon hearing her best friend's reply. "Anyway, I'm leaving Nanami in your care for a while." She said. 

"Are you going on another trip again?" Sasshi asked. Yuki nodded. "I understand. Don't worry about Nanami. I'll take care of her and besides there's Jurina who's always with Nanami when she doesn't have any class. Just enjoy your trip and don't forget to buy me some delicacies from the place where you'll be going."

-----

Mayu was listening to some music from her favorite anime soundtrack when the door to her room suddenly opened and Yuki entered her room.

"You again? You really are stubborn, aren't you?" Mayu said as she removed her earphones.

"Yes, it's me again. You should have at least half expected me to come here. Or maybe you think I will back down after you sent me away?" Yuki replied as she closed the door behind her. 

"Well, you should have back down. Besides I don't need you anymore so you don't need to come here. I think I have already told you that like a thousand times already."

"Too bad, I was able to acquire your stubbornness on a short period of time. Anyway, get ready. We have to go." Yuki said.

"Ha?! What are you saying?" Mayu asked. Yuki took out a hoodie from Mayu's wardrobe and handed it over to her.

"You're going to escape the hospital." Yuki answered. "Are you insane? I am undergoing some treatment here!"

"Did you think about your treatment when you first escape the hospital a few months ago?"

"I- Hey, that's different!" Mayu exclaimed. "There is no difference this time Mayu. The reason for your escape today is still the same." Yuki said as she put the hoodie over Mayu's shoulder. "We'll continue where we stopped. I'll be your personal driver once again."