Chapter 8

Later that day:

Y/n POV

I was alone in my room. Lily was talking to Petunia. Since no one was around, I decided to write in my diary. 

A/N: This is what the diary looks like

A/N: This is what the diary looks like. Feel free to choose any color. 

June 26, 1971:

Today Petunia, Lily, and I went to the park. A boy said that Lily and I are witches. Petunia got very mad at me when I asked the boy if what he said was true. Petunia made us leave the park immediately. The boy and I planned to meet the next day, so he can tell me more.

June 27, 1971:

Today I met up with the boy that said Lily and I are witches. His name was Severus Snape. He told me that Lily and I would be going to Hogwarts where we would learn magic. He was very nice. He seemed to have problems at home and doesn't like talking about his family. I hope he is okay.

June 28, 1971:

I brought Lily to meet Severus. We had a fun time at the park. We are meeting with him tomorrow.

July 3, 1971:

Lily and I introduced Petunia to Severus. Petunia didn't take it nicely and called us freaks. Lily caught me hugging Severus and called us lovebirds. Severus did look cute, and I do have a little crush on him. Later that day, Lily and I received our Hogwarts letter. We are planning to go to Diagon Alley tomorrow with Severus. 

I put my diary back in the drawer. I went downstairs to hang out with Lily and our parents. 

Petunia POV

I snuck into Lily and Y/N's room to look at their Hogwarts letter. Even though I called them freaks, I was just really jealous that my sisters are allowed to go to Hogwarts, and I can't go with them. It's just so unfair.

I looked inside the drawers for their Hogwarts letter. I saw Y/N's notebook and read what was inside. 

nI can't believe that she likes the Snape boy. If she likes him, then she is a freak like him.

Y/N POV

I heard a noise coming from upstairs. When I went upstairs, I saw Petunia inside my room, looking through my things.

"What are you doing?" I questioned. As I said, she quickly closed my diary.

"Nothing, freak!" she said. 

Lily was coming upstairs after hearing all the shouting.

"What's going on?" Lily asked.

Petunia left our room without saying anything. 

"What happened, Y/N?" Lily asked. 

"Petunia was snooping through my things and called me a freak," I said quietly.

"What did she see?"

"She looked at my diary."

"But that's yours! She has no right to look at it!" Lily exclaimed. She hugged me. This made me feel better. Even though, Petunia now hates me, I still have Lily. Lily reassured me, "Everything will be alright."

"Thanks, Lily!"

Since Petunia looked through my diary, I think that Lily should read it as well. It would really hurt her if Petunia knew and she didn't. I didn't want her to feel left out. I handed Lily the diary.

"You want me to read it?" she asked, puzzled.

I nodded. She quickly read through it. She gave a surprising look at what I wrote. 

"So, you like him?"

"Of course I do! He's my friend!"

"I mean as a crush."

"Then...maybe a little," I admitted.

"Are you planning to tell him anytime soon?"

"Not yet. Maybe we are older. You would support me, right?"

"I would support you the best I can!"

I gave her a big hug and went to bed. 

A/N: I hope you like the story. If you have any suggestions, please comment them down below. Comments are greatly appreciated. It would take me longer to post the next chapter. Probably Tuesday or Wednesday. Bye! xxxxxxDenise