Chapter 26

Written by: Fheyanah21 & me

Timeskip: the next day after classes

Sophie's POV

Classes have ended, and I am with Severus, Archie, Halley, Lisa, and Lily at the Black Lake. We are going to hang out and do our homework here. I looked around and noticed that Y/n wasn't with us.

"Do any of you know where Y/n is? Why isn't she with us?" I asked.

"Y/n and Remus are at the library doing their homework," Lily responded.

Severus suddenly stood up and said, "I'm going to the library and asking Y/n to hang out with us!"

Lily pulled his arm and said, "Let them be." Severus sat back down. We started on our homework and carried out a conversation.

Y/n POV

I was with Remus at the library, doing my Transfiguration essay.

"Hey, Remus, since you know how to get to the kitchen, can teach me how to get to the kitchen?" I asked.

"Sure, I can show you right after I finish my essay," Remus said.

I nodded. I started to finish up my essay. Remus and I chatted about our day and other stuff.

Sophie POV

"Hey guys, I need to go to the bathroom. I will be back," I said to my friends.

I headed back inside and walked to the library.

I reached the library and calmly walked in. As I walked in, I saw Y/n and Remus sitting at a table. Y/n and Remus were laughing. I saw Y/n giving a hug to Remus.

I quietly walked over to Y/n.

"Hey, Y/n, what are you doing here?" I said.

Y/n and Remus quickly turned around. They probably haven't noticed me behind them.

"Hi, Sophie!" Y/n and Remus greeted.

"I was just coming to the library to finish my essay and to check out some books...And I bumped into Remus on the way here," Y/n said.

I raised my eyebrow. What Lily told me before was a little different from what Y/n just said.

"Is that true?" I asked. Y/n refused to look at me in the eye and began heading out of the library.

I caught Y/n's arm before she left the library.

"Y/n, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Y/n, is about Severus?" I asked again.

"Y/n sees that Lily likes Severus, and Severus might like her back. Y/n just doesn't want to ruin that," Remus spoke up.

"Is that true?" I asked. Y/n just nodded.

"I think Severus still likes you. Please come back with us," I said. Y/n shook her head and left the library.

"What are we going to do now?" I asked Remus.

"I think just let her calm down. She just wants to left alone and not be reminded of it. We should respect her wishes. She will talk about it when she is ready," Remus said.

"Ok. I will leave now. I need to head back now. My friends might be worried about me." I said my goodbyes and left the library and went back to the Great Lake.

A/n: Sorry for not updating for over 2 weeks. I have been busy with school and other personal stuff. I would be posting another chapter later today. Also, I would be posting an author's note, talking about my break from writing due to personal stuff. As always, if any of you have any ideas, comments, or anything you want to say to me, feel free to put it in the comment down below. Reading your guys' comments puts a smile on my face. Take care and stay safe everyone! xxxxxx Denise