You are Mine

A/n: I have decided to turn this into a multi story book instead of keeping it with just the first story

~~~~~~~~~~

Ah, the smell of the ocean is absolutely invigorating! Did you know, Kevin, that ninety-seven percent of the water upon earth is salt water?"

"Huh."

Kevin rubbed the nape of his neck with his free hand while the other held a duffle bag and a basket. Edd had insisted on making them sandwiches, even though there were food stands at the beach; some rampage about the lack of nutrients in hot dogs and nachos, so Kevin had given him free reign to prepare a picnic basket. Kevin dropped his arm as he gazed at the look of wonder on Edd's face. A fond smile fit itself upon his lips.

"C'mon, let's go find a spot."

"But Kevin, weren't you going to change into your swim trunks?" Edd asked, looking to the redhead as they weaved between children building sandcastles and individuals tanning in the sun. Edd adjusted the towels and blanket draped over his arm.

"Yeah."

"Well, I could set up here while you find a changing booth," he offered.

"Yeah?" Kevin set the picnic basket down, pulling a lighter from his pocket. "What 'bout you?"

"I already have mine on," Edd gestured to his shorts. He frowned as Kevin extracted a cigarette from his pack and lit it. "I wish you wouldn't smoke those..." He sighed as Kevin took a puff.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be back in a sec."

With a lopsided smile that made Eddward's stomach flip, Kevin turned and headed across the sandy beach, duffle bag in tow.

Edd shook out the large blanket and carefully laid it down in their chosen spot. To his left, two children chased their dog, crying out happily. Shading his eyes from the golden sun, Edd gazed across the sand at the endless ocean, sparkling waves rolling on blue velvet. 'Beautiful.' He stood for a moment more, admiring the view.

"Excuse me."

The deep voice shook him from his concentration, and he turned to face the two males that had approached him. Both stood quite tall, one blond and one brunette, both shirtless. Their bronzed skin gleamed with suntan oil.

"H-Hello," Edd murmured shyly. "Is there something I may assist you with?"

"Definitely. We were just takin' a walk on the beach when Josh here saw you," he nudged the brunette, "and we were wondering why a cute guy like you was standing here all alone." Edd's face abruptly turned red, and the blond smirked knowingly. "I'm Kurt. What's your name, babe?"

Fiddling with the hem of his shirt, Edd shifted his weight. He was unused to such outright flirtatious ways. "I-I'm Eddward."

"Well, Eddward, mind if we join you?"

"Yeah. He does mind."

Edd and his companions turned in surprise, though Edd was well aware of whom it was before his eyes fell on the redhead. Kevin, who had seen the threatening pair from across the beach, was seething with jealousy by the time he reached the trio. He knew their type; the surfer douchebags who would prey on any vulnerable girl (or guy) who stood alone. They were tall, but neither of the two were as built as him, and he felt confident standing before them.