part twelve

hannah's pov

it was the next day and i was out at the market picking up some food for the week when a familiar voice called from behind me.

"hannah!"i turned to meet green eyes and a head of brown curls.

"henry, hey" i said as he jogged up to approach me.

"i was actually just trying to find you," he said.

"were you?" i offered him a small smile.

"yeah, um," he began, scratching the back of his neck, "i was wondering if you'd like to go to a party with me tonight."

"a party?" i questioned.

"yeah its at some house in the cut," he explained. "didn't think you would mind the location of it since you aren't all 'pogue versus kook' crazy."

i chuckled, "sure i would love to go."

he let out a deep breath, "okay cool. mind writing down your address in my phone and i'll pick you up tonight?"

i did as he said and then handed him back his phone. he thanked me with a wink. "ill see you later then," he said.

i smiled before turning around with the bags of food in my hand and placed them into the backseat of my jeep. i was climbing into the drivers seat when i heard some voices behind me.

i looked into my mirror only to spot a familiar blonde, with his two friends. i bit my lip as i stared at them, deciding if it was inappropriate or not to eaves drop on their conversation.

"this is such a bad idea," i heard pope say which immediately caught my attention.

"no, it's a great idea, now are you coming or not," jj replied, brushing off pope's concerned tone.

"pope's right this isn't the right way to deal with you problems," kiara tried to reason.

"enough with the emotional shit ki," jj tersely said.

i decided it wasn't in my place to listen to the rest of their conversation so i put my car in reverse and pulled out of the parking lot to head home and get ready for the party.

i threw my car keys onto the counter once i arrived back at the house and i headed up to my room to scavenge my closet.

besides the kegger at the boneyard, i hadn't been to a real party here yet and i wasn't really clear on what to wear.

i slipped on a pair of jean shorts and a black one-shoulder tank top. i put on a pair of white chucks and finished off the look with a gold necklace, a keepsake from my home town.

i was quite nervous if i was going to be honest. my mind would not stop overthinking as i prepared myself a snack to eat before i headed out for the night.

it would be an understatement to say i went to parties fairly often back in nassua. i was never not out somewhere with my friends on the weekends, or even weeknights if we were feeling especially rebellious during that time.

i found myself in trouble more often then not but i was always having fun. however the last party i attended before i moved her was basically the worst night of my life, which was i think why my nerves were so high, in anticipation for tonight.

bringing me out of my own thoughts, the doorbell rang. i tucked my hair behind my ear and brushed away the crumbs that had collected on my top.

i opened the door to see henry standing there in khaki shorts and a casual button down short sleeve.

"you look beautiful," he smiled.

"thank you," i blushed, shutting the door behind me and following him to his car.

we made small talk while driving to the cut, just getting to know a little bit about each other.

not paying much attention to the road ahead, it came a surprise to me when i felt the car stop and henry put it in park.

he came around to my side of the car and opened the door for me. we had parked on the side of a road and he began to lead me towards the house.

once we got close enough to see, my stomach dropped immediately. holy fuck.

the house belonged to jj.

i wearily climbed up the stairs, stepping inside the house as henry grabbed my hand. i flinched at the touch which i hoped he didn't notice.

he led me over to the all too familiar counter that was now scattered with beer cans and bottles of liquor.

the room was littered with intoxicated teens and sweaty bodies. there were quite a lot of people outside from what i could see through the mesh screen that surrounded the porch.

i glanced around anxiously to see if i could spot jj, or either of his friends but i had no luck.

"wanna drink?" henry asked, holding up a cup.

i looked at the cup apprehensively, "you take that one, i'm going to pour one myself." i learned to never take drinks from anyone, no matter who they were. it's something i'd picked up after my many years of partying back home.

henry gave me a confused look for a second before just shrugging his shoulders and taking a sip out of the cup he had offered me.

i stalked over to the many bottles on the counter and grabbed the jug of iced tea and a bottle of vodka. i poured a good amount of each into a red solo cup before returning to my place next to henry.

"wanna go outside?" he asked me. it was beginning to get a bit hectic with the amount of people swirling around the house now.

i nodded my head and he put his hand on my waist before leading us out to the porch and on the yard.

that's when i spotted him, jj. him and kiara were sharing a blunt and it looked like she was scolding him about something. he seemed to be ignoring her, slumped back against the tree he was leaning against.

suddenly his eyes caught mine and he immediately straightened up, eyes narrowing slightly, i can assume to get a better view to see if it was really me.

i could see him scoff and roll his eyes, nodding his head towards me and saying something to kiara. she glanced over in my direction, her eyes looking me up and down before turning back to jj and continuing to scold him.

i watched him shake his head before pushing himself off the of the ground and walking back into the house.

henry and i walked around, trying to meet as many people as we could since we were both new here. we separated at one point and i saw him talking with topper and kelce which made me slightly nervous but i just brushed it off.

when henry approached me again he looked flustered. "hey what's wrong?" i asked him.

"hannah im really sorry but my mom just called, said there's an emergency at home," he said. "i have to go right now, will you be able to find a way home?"

"yeah yeah of course, i hope everything's okay," i told him. he gave me a smile before rushing off, away from the house.

shit. how the hell was i going to get home?