05

a/n: you may want to listen to close by scrubb near the end of this chapter hehe it just makes things a teeny bit  fluffier (●'ω`●)

---

Win came out of his room shortly after Bright and Type had a heartfelt conversation that rendered the said man slightly shocked upon seeing the teary look on his older brother's face and alongside sat Bright who looked as, or even more shattered.

"Win, you're up." Type and Bright turned their heads to look at Win almost simultaneously after they heard some movement coming by the door. Type hastily wiped his eyes upon seeing the puzzled look on Win's face staring straight at his, and Bright took the chance to recollect his composure as well.

"Bright came over with your worksheets from class that you've missed," Type got off the couch and took the stack of worksheets with him, handing them over to Win after, "Also, I got him to stay for dinner."

Bright could see Win's eyes darting between Type's and his' and to that, Bright simply shot Win a comforting smile, assuring him that everything was okay.

For dinner evening, Type made a few simple dishes - omelette with tomatoes, some fried vegetable with oyster sauce and to finish off, a bowl of corn soup that was piping hot. Though the spread wasn't elaborate, the dishes smelled amazing nevertheless, probably even better than what his michelin chefs had cooked over the years.

"It's nothing too fancy, but we hope you like it." Type grin sheepishly.

So dinner went on as usual but with an additional guest today. Win didn't say much as always so Type did most of the talking, he even shared some things about Win that got the said man blushing in embarrassment.

"Oh and Bright, did you know? Win loves rabbits - he has this adorable rabbit patterned shorts he's been wearing since third grade and even today, he refuses to get rid of it even though he wouldn't fit anymore." Type divulged. This got Bright laughing himself too, and it seemed like the atmosphere has significantly gotten livier with Bright's presence.

During dinner, Bright also noticed Win particularly enjoyed the omelette because that was the only dish Win was gobbling up - he didn't even touch the soup! And he only had a few bites of the vegetable. "Omelette's your favourite food huh." Bright remarked and Win flushed a shade of pink at Bright's accurate observation.

Dinner ended enjoyably with laughters and smiles, that they hadn't noticed it had been pouring outside. "Looks like a storm is coming." Type said, as he peered out of the window, only to hear the rumbling sounds of thunder and lightning flashes. The trees were swaying violently with the howling wind, and the sky was gloomy with dark clouds above.

"How are you going back?" Type asked, concern. "The rain doesn't look like it is going to stop any time soon."

Bright actually told his chauffeur to head home first earlier in the afternoon, claiming he would head back himself once he was done. But who would've thought it would rain so heavily today? So now, he has to resort to waiting for the only bus to get to town in the pouring rain.

"I mean if you don't mind, you can stay over at ours today? You can bunk in with Win for tonight." Type suggested kindly, but Bright refused politely, feeling bad since he has troubled them enough today.

"But the storm is only getting heavier, it's not safe." Type was rather persistent though his concern was valid, because the thunders roared louder and lightning flashes became more frequent. Just when Bright was about to protest, the older man shot him a definitive stare which called for no further discussions and the decision was final.

And so Bright was left with no choice but to stay over despite his reluctance. Bright offered to sleep in the living room since there were only 2 rooms, but Type was not having any of that - he felt terrible if their guest had to sleep on the couch. Type enthusiastically offered to give up his room for the night, but Bright was as insistent as he was. So the two ended up in a push and pull argument, voices growing animated by the minute. And at last, the argument ended with Bright sleeping over at Win's room as planned, so neither has to feel bad about the arrangement.