Ch2: Your Smile

Y/N looked away slowly. Mitsuba didn't look like he was bullied at all.
"Why?" She asked.
"Because I was girly or cocky. Dumb reasons like that."
"Ohh"

Mitsuba looked pissed.

"Could you not act like that explains it."

"S-sorry!"
They continued going upstairs.

"Y/N-chan...why are you depressed?" Mitsuba said. Y/N quickly looked back. She didn't want anyone to know. He held her hands and looked into her deep E/C eyes. Y/N looked down at Mitsuba hold her hands tightly. She slowly blushed.
"I can sense you're depressed. Even though you hide it with a fake smile."

"Umm... that's nothing!" She replied with a nervous smile. Mitsuba neared her lips. She slowly went back.
"That smile is fake." He said, moving away from her. Y/N had to admit the truth. She sighed.

"The one thing that I loved passed away." She said

"You're parents?"

"My pet duckling, (Pet name here)"
Mitsuba couldn't hold in his laughter. He laughed his heart out, but stopped when he got a stare from Y/N.

"I'm sorry..." He said. There was a moment of silence between the two. Then Mitsuba spoke up again.

"Y/N-chan...I know (Pet name here) would love to be with you. I bet you both were really close. But, to the dead, you've got to move on... because, that is a part of life isn't it?"

Y/N was surprised. Mitsuba was never the type to say such emotional things. She felt touched. Freed from all the weight on her shoulders. That's when Mitsuba asked her help.
"Y/N-chan...If I was alive...would you and Minamoto-kun be my friends?"

Y/N gave him a surprised look. She neared him.
"Y-Y/N-chan? Are you gonna kiss me? I know I look cute b...."

"Why do you say so?" She cut him off.
"What?"
Y/N gave a true smile the first time in 2 years. It was a bit weak, but it was ok with her.

"We're already friends aren't we? You don't have to live to be my friend." She said with a small giggle in her words. Mitsuba was stunned.

Mitsuba's POV:
The depressed Flat Chest actually isn't bad. In fact, I feel magical when she said that. When she smiled, her hair flew with the afternoon breeze. Her eyes shone like fireflies. I might be in love. Who knew? She turned around and enjoyed the air. I slowly took a picture of her. The angle and lighting were amazing. She turned to me.
"What'cha taking there?"
I gave a small smile back at her.

"Something that means alot to me. Something I love." I said. She looked confused but ignored it.

(So quick author's note...IK in the Anime and Manga, Mitsuba and Kou only know each other for a day and the Ratkasa(Tsukasa) appears but here, let's just say that it lasts up to 3 days)

Narrator POV:
"So...I'll have to be going home now!"

"Sure! I'll see you tomorrow at the entrance."
Mitsuba waved to Y/N as she waved back. The next day, Mitsuba waited near the entrance, he saw Kou walking in with his staff.
"Lame-ass Traffic Safety Earring! I mean... Minamoto-kun!"

Kou turned back and signaled his brother to go to his class. Teru gave a hard stare and slowly left. Kou came to Mitsuba.
"Yo! Fancy meeting you here!"
"I'm waiting for Y/N-chan."
Kou slowly smiled and laughed.

"You two like each other or something?"
Mitsuba blushed, but hid it with his sleeves.

"N-NO! She might like me because I'm adorable but I don't love her! She's a good friend..."

"Good friend?" Kou asked.
"Yes!"
"Then why are you so shy? I can arrange a date for you two!"
Mitsuba just stayed as pink as his hair.

"Just...be quiet!" Mitsuba shouted

Kou laughed. He imitated Mitsuba.

"What are you gonna do? Get rough on her? Film her and threaten her to post it online so you can have your way with her Day, Evening and Night?! Just like in p###! Just like in..."

Kou was cut off by Mitsuba slapping him. He looked red with blush marks. Y/N came in and saw both of them being immature.

"What is going on over here?"

To be continued....

Waa~
Hi everyone. So, yes, it was Kou acting like Mitsuba that time. Cuz he was teasing Mitsuba😏. Anyway. I tried by best writing this for the people who like X reader. Love y'all.

-Rika
🌝🌚🌝🌚