Chapter 5

What if the fake LED (Y/n) was using wasn't waterproof:

"Follow me, (Y/n)!" Markus called to me.

I took a deep breath and leaned back, falling with my legs crossed and spinning slowly. I fell head first into a pool of water and swam to the top, gasping for air. I swam over to the ladder and got out of the water, sighing in relieve that my indicator was still on and glowing brightly. I couldn't tell what it looked like though. I shivered at the dark horror movie aura and clung to Markus by lightly holding onto the back of his shirt. He had lost his jacket in the water. Markus found a flashlight and shook it to wake it up. He looked at me in confusion, anger then crossing his face.

"(Y/n)." Markus glared at me, making my blood run cold.

"Y-Yes, Markus?" He approached me closely and tilted my head to look at the LED.

"Your LED is green." He tapped on the LED and I felt myself begin to nervously sweat. Smiling nervously, I let out a soft laugh.

"I-I, uh, I'm a prototype. That's com-completely normal for me." I dismissed it. "I'm just trying to process temperature and how to react."

Had (Y/n) joked more to cope:

We made it and I instantly crawled through the fence. Markus was a bit hesitant as he scanned the paint. He crawled and moved part of a crate off the wall and scanned the last marking. He then pointed at one we couldn't reach without help. Markus got a dumpster and used it to help himself up and I followed. I checked the next one when he showed me the paint. I walked over and was stopped by an obstacle, but Markus wall jumped and grabbed a pole, rolling upon landing. I didn't do that. The piece of concrete was unstable but I knew I'd be able to make it to the other side. I had the highest record in long jump in my high school and was considered to join a track team for the Olympics but I refused and went to get a degree in investigative science. I took a few steps back and Markus' eyes widened when he realized what I was about to do.

"Don't do it, (Y/n). It's too far of a jump or unstable." Markus warned. I ignored his warning and sprinted at first before leaving as far as I could, landing on the unstable piece of concrete. I then jumped up again and jumped forward before I could fall with the slab. Markus helped me up. "You're insane. How did you make that?!" Markus huffed in shock.

"Oh, you know! I just like to practice in my free time." Softly snorting, I let out a chuckle before grabbing Mark's wrist. "Come on, the painting logo thing is over here. Don't mention my insanity in the future."

If Markus had been crushing on (Y/n) and got called a brother:

They continued to talk about what they considered freedom. I went to the Android named North and smiled happily. She looked at me in confusion as I turned the indicator blue.

"Sorry, software instability." I chuckled softly. She nodded. I took a lock of her hair in my hand gently and beamed happily. "Your hair is so pretty." I let go of the strands and took a step back out of her personal space.

Markus grabbed my sleeve and dragged me along with him and the other androids as he and Simon talked to each other. I slouched and followed them while letting out a soft whine every few minutes.

"Markus, are you okay? When you protected me from the fall, that kind of thing would've damaged you." I asked him, worried about both his physical and emotional health. "I see you like an older brother, I don't want you getting hurt."

-In Markus' mind before being called brother-

Yes! He's concerned about me.

-after-

NO. There's no return. I'm not okay.

-outside his mind-

"I'm okay, (Y/n)." He reassured.

(Y/n) gets smacked but Connor has a sixth sense:

"You're lying, your leaking thirium." I huffed stubbornly, gripping his wrist slightly and pulling him towards me. I tried to lift up part of his shirt to check the damaged but he suddenly smacked me, making my hand hit the solid red button for my LED. Markus gasped softly at his own actions.

"I'm so sorry, (y/n)! I wasn't thinking." Markus apologized as I held the cheek he had slapped, my eyes burning slightly as tears welled up in them.

Everyone froze when there was sounds of metal clanging all around the interior of the ship. Slowly, they started getting closer and all the androids began to sink back into shadows. Markus and I frozen in the center of the light as though it were a spotlight. A loud thud echoed behind us suddenly and two hands grabbed mine and Markus' shoulders and made me jump. Markus froze and I turned to see who or what touched us.

"Hi there." It was Connor.

A scream echoed throughout the ship of Jericho.