Chapter 12: Officers of the Gyūki Clan defeated. My Bride

As though they were being led by strange forces, Rikuo, Kazuki and their friends climb up Mt. Nejireme. However, the mountain was home to the Gyūki Clan, a faction of the Nura Clan comprised of the most hostile yokai. The Gyūki Clan's henchman lurks in the shadows, eyeing Rikuo and his friends, who've become separated. What fate awaits the unsuspecting group?

Rikuo and Gozumaru are just about to begin fighting at Mount Nejireme. "Rikuo Nura." Gozumaru says as he points his blade at the Third Heir, ready to bring his head to his master, Gyūki.

'It's hot. I feel the heat surging up inside my body. My blood is boiling.' Rikuo thought as he could feel his blood boiling through his veins. Hot and rushing. It was only a matter of time before his yokai self decides to step in. Up on the trees, Kazuki readied her bow as she waits for a clear shot. Though if she were being honest, despite Rikuo telling her to fire at a distance, she'd rather go up to that yokai and fighting him face to face. 'He hurt my brother...! He'll be lucky if I decided to just rip out one of his lungs when I get my hands on him.' She thought.

*Meanwhile*

"Master...! Master!" Aotabō called out, still looking for Rikuo. "I still can't find him. Am I all alone out here?" He asks himself as he looked around for any sign of life. He stops when he spotted someone sitting right across from where he was. Aotabō stared at the figure in slight curiosity. He was about a foot tall, looking like a chibi character. Obviously, he wasn't a human, but he didn't have the aura of a yokai either. The figure looked up at him and he sighed in relief. "Thank goodness, a friendly face. You're a member of the Nura Clan correct?" Mamoru asked.

"I am. And who might you be?" Aotabō asked as he walked closer to the unusual being. Mamoru floated up so that he could greet the tall yokai eye-to-eye. He gave a humble bow as he introduced himself. "My name is Mamoru, member of the Sakuragi Clan and one of the eight loyal servents of Lady Kazuki." He said. As Aotabō approached him, his eyes landed on Kiyotsugu and Shima lying on the floor, still in a daze. "Those are Master's friends." Aotabō says as he quickly puts two and two together as he looks up. "I'm getting a bad feeling."

"You're instincts are correct. Something is very wrong here, which is why Lady Kazuki asked me to watch over these boys." Mamoru said.

"What's going here?" Aotabō asks him. The chibi nodded his head and tells him everything that he knows as far as he does.

****************

Rikuo could hear his heart pounding in his ears. His blood was burning. He could feel something clawing at his body as he kept his eyes on Gozumaru. The look in his eyes was much different from how they were before, it unsettled Gozumaru as he took a small step back. "Master, you must get away from here! He came here with every intention of killing you." Tsurara says, pleading for Rikuo to stand back, as she tries to get back up with Kagemaru's aid.

"Just stay still Yuki-Onna." Rikuo said, insisting on protecting her and Kaguya. He turned his head just slightly to speak the boy. "Kaguya, are you alright?" He asked.

Kaguya grunted a bit as he used his sword to help pick himself up. "Yeah, I'm okay."

"Good, just stay where you are and try not to get involved." Rikuo said.

"But...Master, it's my duty to protect you." Tsurara said.

"It's okay. You don't have to worry." Rikuo says with great conviction. Surprising Tsurara. "Master?" She says as Kagemaru pulls her and Kaguya back to get them out of the way. With them out of harm's way, Rikuo steps up to Gozumaru. The latter chuckled a bit when he made his stance. "The rumours are true. A Third Heir who needs the protection of a puny guardian like her. What a laughable joke." Gozumaru proclaimed.