Chapter 5

"Lilith, wait!"

She didn't stop. She knew what Finnick would say, and she didn't need him trying to change her mind.

"Please, I just want to talk."

She could probably make it back to the suite before he had the chance to catch up to her. He might have longer legs, but she was still faster. Did she really want to though?

She slowed down slightly, and, without stopping, turned towards her friend. "Look, if you want to go along with Haymitch's plan that's fine, but I just can't do it. I would love more than anything to be able to, but I really can't. Please, just leave it at that."

"Why?" He grabbed her arm as he caught up to her. "You're one of the most anti-Capitol people I know. I don't understand what's stopping you from doing this."

"There's plenty of things that nobody, even you, knows about me." She spoke softly, her voice filled with regret.

"I just have to much experience with the price rebellion against Snow costs to risk it." She bit her lip nervously. "Plus, I don't trust Thirteen." Her eyes flash with anger for a moment before calming down again.

"Wait, why don't you trust Thirteen?" Finnick looked genuinely confused as he dropped her arm. "They're the masterminds behind this rebellion."

"But why did it take so long?" She asked bitterly, clenching her fists. "And don't say that they were waiting for the right moment. There have been times in the past where the districts were ready to fight, but Thirteen never showed up then. What makes Katniss Everdeen so special?"

"What are you-"

But Lilith was already gone. She move swiftly until she reached the suite and locked herself in her room.

She shouldn't have said that. No one could know the truth about her past, not if they wanted to remain alive. It wasn't safe.

She could only hope that Finnick wouldn't think too deeply about what she had said, and that he would leave it alone. Some secrets were dangerous and better left buried deep in the ashes of her history.

That night her nightmares were about flames and failed rebellions. About Snow deciding to finally take his revenge, and about her loved ones being tortured.

When she woke, she was covered in sweat. Breathing heavily, she stumbled to the bathroom. Her hair was matted, and she looked like she had bruises under her eyes.

After fumbling with the controls on the shower she finally managed to turn it on. The hot water soothed her aching muscles and comforted her mind. Today was going to be brutal.

when she stepped out of the shower she threw on some training clothes and her locket. After pulling her hair into a low ponytail, she headed down the hall for breakfast.

She was the first one there, as she helped herself to the delicious food. She decided to grab a muffin, a couple of pieces of bacon, and water. She could never eat much early in the morning, it upset her stomach.

"Good morning," Anders said as he entered the room. "Sleep well?"

"Nope, but what else is new?" She peeled the wrapper off her muffin, taking a bite out of it. Peanut butter, her favorite.

"Fair enough." He starts heaping piles of food on to his plate.

"Yuck, how do you eat that much? I would puke if I tried that." Lilith grimaced at the thought.

"I'm also not the one who has to train soon," he says as he settles down next to her. "Ah, here comes the others."

Right as he says that Finnick and Marie enter the room. Grabbing food for themselves they join Lilith and Anders at the table.