Journey 26

2 6

Insatiable Hunger

Unstoppable strength. Strong soldiers. Powerful tactics. Invincible mentality. Yue bit her lips in anticipation of the fight with Yeon. A portion of her army was sent to deal with the civilian soldiers and another to deal with the trained soldiers. Yue charged through the fighting and straight to the houses. The smart ones avoided her swords and let her through.

"YEON! Where are you!" Yue shouted. Her fingers tingle with excitement for a showdown. Her horse dashed between all the houses to catch him or someone worthy of a fight.

A few of the stronger soldiers albeit foolish ones approached Yue together. While it was not the fight she was looking for, it was a fight she welcomed.

"Oi," she kicked a fallen soldier, "where's my fight?"

"Lady Yue, it's not a spar, please take it more seriously." One of her generals shouted without much worry in his voice.

"But, I want a good fight." She sounded like she was one easy opponent away from throwing a tantrum.

"Then get off that pile of soldiers and get back onto your horse to search for him. Or head over to where Aria is if you want a fight."

"You want to spar with me?" Yue shouted into the air. When there was no response Yue got back onto her horse and went to look for her next fight. "Stupid Kimijing, what are they doing that's so important to not give me a fight."

"Yue, we're in the middle of a war. They have their job of protecting the king."

"Fine, that's more important – hey!" Yue's attention was taken away by a deflector. "Finally, a good fight."

"Well, I shall go search for Yeon then." General Skai said. "How is the Aria division going?"

"It seems like she is holding her ground General. Should we send more reinforcements?"

General Skai looked at their current fight to suppress the rebellion. Even with a good amount of Lu'es strongest fighters and their strongest fighter, it was taking longer than preferred to move on. Yeon was nowhere to be found and Lady Yue was preoccupied more with finding a good fight than a wanted man.

"Send two lieutenants and eight soldiers over. I also want you Alya to find Noelani for an update on where Yeon is."

"Understood."

"HEY! I thought I trained you better?" Yue shouts could be heard from the other side of the village. "Maybe you should have trained a bit more before deflecting."

"And I thought you cared about your country! How could you let those Basileian outsiders join?" Her former general brought his sword down with all his strength to show his resolve.

"They are just as much a citizen of Valleria as you are Castillo." Yue faced his swing with head on with no hesitation.

"They are our enemies from the war." He picked up a stone and threw it at her.

"They fought for their kingdom and they are still doing that." Yue kicked Castillo away and blocked the attack from behind from a new group of rebels.

"Lady Yue!"

"I'm fine." Yue used her free hand to handle the blood gushing out of her wound. As talented as she was, fighting off five attackers surrounding her was difficult without taking a hit. While she was able to prevent a critical hit, the wound on her arm was bleeding heavier than she'd like.