Chapter 5 - Return of The King of Flames and Destruction

In his room, Lindsay and Warren are lying in bed asleep. He stirs a little bit before opening his eyes and seeing her in a comfortable position. He smiles and kisses her forehead before activating his powers a bit and lifting her so he can get up. After removing his arm and wing he sets her down and checks the time on his phone and sees that it is four in the morning, his usual time. He sighs and says to himself: "Same time as normal. I guess I'll get changed and work out for a bit." He gets off the bed and retracts his wings and goes to the dresser and pulls out his workout clothes and goes into the bathroom to change. While he was changing, Lindsay stirs in her sleep before sitting up. She looks around before her eyes lock onto the light coming from the bathroom. While she was wondering why the light was on when he steps out of the bathroom in his work out clothes. She asks him: "What time is it?" He looks at her and smiles and replies while walking up to the stand near his bed and grabbing his phone: "It's a little after four." She inquires: "Why are you up?" He responds while still smiling: "I don't know I just woke up, so I'd figured I'd work out." She suggests: "instead of working out, why don't you come back to bed and sleep a little bit more." His smile grows wider as he says: "I'd love to, but with what's in store for today, it's a little hard to sleep." Lindsay looks away and questions out loud: "What will happen when you get blaze back, will the current you, the one I know and love vanish?" He smiles and walks over to her and hugs her, surprising her, and says: "I promised I would come back to you. I know that was for when I leave but I think the sentiment works for this situation." She smiles and hugs him back. After separating, he walks to the door, and as he was about to open it he says: "If you want you can come and watch me work out." After thinking for a minute she asks: "Will you wait for me to change?" He chuckles a little and leans against the wall next to the door and replies: "Of course I will." She gets out of bed and grabs some clothes and heads to the bathroom to change. After she finishes changing, she steps out and says: "Let's go." He lets out a small laugh and takes her hand and they get in the elevator to go to the training room. When they step into the room, she looks in awe of the equipment there. Noticing her expression he laughs breaking her out of the trance and says: "The old man got this special made so we can push ourselves." After finishing his sentence he walks over to the bench and pulls out his phone and starts playing music and starts his routine. While he was working out she watches and asks questions and each answer he gave surprising her. After an hour of his physical workout, it was time to train his powers. As he was standing there covered in sweat, she couldn't help but blush. As he lets out a sigh that snaps her back to reality, he starts making his way to a door that she hadn't noticed the entire time she's been there. She quickly stands up and catches up to and questions: "What's behind this door?" He smirks and simply says: "The training room." She gives him a questioning look before the door opens revealing an empty room with a console near a window and a couch and a refrigerator. He walks to the console and types on it and a door appears near the window revealing a stairwell. This makes her ask: "What's going on?" He looks at her and explains: "This is a simulator, it allows us to create simulations to so we can use train our powers and increase them and maybe come up with new attacks." She nods in understanding, while he smiles and walks down the stairs. She walks up to the console and looks through the window and sees him enter an empty room. As he's standing there he says to no one: "Begin simulation." Just then an army of imperfects appears and rushes at him and tries to attack, but he vanishes and in an instant, a third of the army is wiped out. He then reappears and looks at the imperfects and smiles and says: "I hope that's not all you got, I even went to the trouble of putting you guys to tier seven, the least you could do is give me a challenge." One of the simulations starts smiling and rushes him and before he can react, a small scratch appears on his cheek. He smiles a bit and activates flame envoy and cuts one of the simulation's arms off without effort and disappears and in a split second the rest of the army is wiped out. He sighs and says: "Rerun the simulation." More imperfects appear and he keeps wiping them out. after 45 minutes he leaves the room and renters the room with the console and walks over to the fridge and grabs a bottle of water and starts drinking it. Lindsay walks up to and asks: "Did you enjoy your workout?" He nods and smiles and says: "Yeah, let's head back to my room so I can shower and get dressed. Then we'll eat and head out." She smiles and says: "Sounds like a plan."