Beginnings.

I'm running. Why am I running? My mind keeps telling me to stop but my legs refuse to listen. I keep looking around, but I can't see a damn thing, its too dark. I keep running, and all of a sudden, everything starts fading away.

"Silver!" I am awakened by my mother barging into my room. I open my eyes and I regret staying up so late because my eyelids are heavy. I rub my eyes and I blink at my mother as I tilt my head.

"What do you want?" I ask her blatantly. This pisses my pregnant mother off. She scowl at me and walks over to the edge of my bed. She grabs my comforter and yanks it right off of me. I immediately bring my legs to my bare stomach. It gets really hot in my bedroom, so sometimes I won't wear a shirt while I sleep, just a sports bra or a tank top and some pajama shorts. I yawned and closed my eyes again, drifting off to sleep once more. My mother throws a pillow at me and it hits my arm.

I groan and turn over onto my tummy with my face into my pillow. My mother grabs my feet and starts yelling at me to get up. I shriek and then to look at her, as confusion crosses my face as I ask what time it is. Before she is able to answer me, I look over at my clock. It reads five forty-five in the morning. in the morning. I glare at my mother, wondering why in the world she woke me up so early. That's when it dawned on me what today was.

The first day of school.

I immediately sprung to my feet. My mom smiled and walked out of my bedroom, closing the door behind her. I smiled and walked over to my closet, pulling out my light blue vans, some shorts, and my crop top. I throw on my clothes and brush through my short black hair. I yawn and plug in my flat iron.

I walk out of my bedroom and into the kitchen, opening the cabinet. I search for my favourite cereal. Cinnamon toast crunch, no, Frosted Flakes, no, Lucky Charms, Bingo. I pull out the Lucky Charms and open the box. I pour some into a bowl that I have pulled out. I close the box and put it back in the cabinet, popping a marshmallow into my mouth. I open the refrigerator, and to my disappointment, realizing there was no milk.

I sigh and call Chloe into the dining room, giving my five year old sister my dry cereal.

I head back to my bedroom and shutting the door behind me once more. I spray a bunch of hair product into my hair and proceed to straighten my hair and do my makeup.

After brushing my teeth and pouring some coffee into my thermos, I rush out my front door, telling my mother goodbye and proceeding to get into my car. I put the car into reverse and backed out of my driveway, then putting it into drive, heading to school.

××

I get out of my car, fixing my hair as I press the button to lock my doors. I smile at the sophomore waving at me. I open the door and I head over to B Hall, which is where most of my Senior classes are. The geek from Band walks up to me and says "Don't forget to get your class information from the principal." I shrug her off and tell her thanks as I walk over to my locker. I enter my six digit passcode. I start piling all of my books into my locker and I sling my bookbag over my shoulder.

I grab my coffee and I take a sip, enjoying the warmness it gives me. It feels like a warm hug around my heart. I start walking over to my first period class, English which is in class B2. My favourite song comes on my phone, so I pop my headphones in and reach for my phone to turn it up. And as I do, I see myself colliding with another, and not in the good way. He tries to jump out of the way of my steaming coffee, but he's too late. My coffee splatters all over his "A Day To Remember" tee shirt. I immediately start panicking, repeating "sorry!" over and over. I sigh and mutter "I always screw things up."

"Well, maybe you shouldn't be so clumsy, klutz." The pale faced, red headed boy said sarcastically with a smirk on his face. He started chuckling and looked at me.

"I'm so sorry." I said once more as I looked up and made eye contact with him, feeling blood rush to my cheeks. He was beautiful. Almost too beautiful.

"Hi, Silver. I'm Echo." Echo said, biting his lip, his eyes grazing over the silhouette of my body. This moment is when I realized he was the boy that I always saw in the hall for three years.

The Sarcastic Asshole.

**

hey guys, first chapter. sorry its kind of choppy, ill go back and edit it. please leave me feedback ♡