Chapter 2: Regret

Laughing Jack knew he was still a stranger to Jeff but for some reason he was expecting him to open up already. Most would have probably spit it out by now. But Jeff definitely wasn't just an easy target it seemed.

"Oh. Well I can understand why you wouldn't wanna talk. We just met not too long ago, I don't believe you even know who I am."

Jeff looked back at Jack and stared at him for a moment. He seemed to be almost be analyzing Jack as he spoke.

"Oh. I guess not. But you look like some off brand Ronald McDonald's I could find on the floor of an abandoned Walmart. Or a cleshay imaginary clown that kills kids and blames the parents."

Jack's eyes widened as he was surprised with some of the statements, despite them being insults. That didn't seem to happen very often with him.

"Yeah and you look like the Joker gone rogue but either way I'm impressed you'd say that much."

The clown crossed his arms and added.

"Feel free to call me Jack or by my initials LJ if it's easier. It stands for Laughing Jack if you're curious~"

"Uh Laughing Jack-"

"The one and only! One that could always use more friends."

"Yeah guess I could too, not like I've had any that stayed."

Jeff mumbled back. He still seemed to be in a bad mood.

"Hah! I don't have many that are from around here either."

The clown then smirked slightly as Jeff looked away from him.

"Oh wait- I said that too loud."

Laughing Jack chuckled and shook his head like he was expecting some kind of anwser like that.

"AwE whattt, you really don't wanna to be friends then??"

Jack forced a dramatic frown to be shown across his face

"No I do. Just didn't mean to say it out loud, or whatever."

Jeff said back, laying further into the grass. To this day, Jeff was still regretful of killing his brother. And for some reason, accepting Jack to be his friend reminded him of that moment, because Liu was his only friend once. He honestly wished that his brother was still alive or that he let him live. But Jeff killed him. Jeff killed his whole family. His mom, his dad. But out of all the people he's ever killed, the one person he has regret for was his brother Liu.

"Well you don't have to talk about what's on your mind if you don't want to. I would kind of understand why you wouldn't want to become friends either. I can make most people quite.. uncomfortable you know."

Jeff looked back at Laughing Jack before shaking his head, kind of pushing away his thoughts.

"Nah it's fine, I'm not uncomfortable. After all I thought you were just my imagination at first. But now I'm not even sure if this is all real or not."

Jeff then sighed as he sat up and leaned into the monochrome clown, resting his head on Laughing Jack's feathered shoulder. This just caused Jack to suddenly tense up. The clown hardly ever received this kind of contact from anyone really. So this was honestly kind of freaking him out in a way.

"Uh--?"

He cut Laughing Jack off and just simply apologized.

"Sorry."

Jeff then stood up, realizing that he was able to physically feel this thought to be hallucination. So Jeff walked over to another tree that was close by and sat down again. Which caused Jack to teleported himself next to Jeff once again as he suddenly felt determine to make him feel better for some reason.

"Oh it's alright, don't worry about it! Say I never got your name, care to tell me?"

Jeff looked confused but he also looked like he was going to say something cocky, so obviously, he did.

"Well can't you tell by my beautiful face, I'm Jeff the killer."

"Jeff the Killer huh.. what an unique name you've got there! And well we've just met, how was I really supposed to know who you were. What are you famous out here in these woods?"

LJ responded back, his slight smirk grew a little.

"Huh?? bitch please I'm famous everywhere."

Jack couldn't help but laugh a bit at his response.

"If you say so, hah I'll believe you if it makes you happy."

"Pft you might as well believe it."

Jack just rolled his eyes then said in a teasing manner circling back to what Jeff had said before.

"Says the one who'd go to think of me as some kind of hallucination. Certainly not the first time."

Though Jack's voice only got more stern as he added.

"But let me tell you, I may be a fascinating sight but I'm not as imaginary as you may think, friend."

Jeff kind of laughed nervously as the tone of his voice suddenly changed.

"Yeah.. I figured if I was hallucinating you'd be much more scary and also already gone."

LJ laughed again a bit then said.

"Oh really, I can be quite prescient. You might as well get used to it, who knows how long I'll stick around!"

"Eh it'd be nice to have someone around other than..... animals and stuff"

Jack grinned wider, looks like he found his new playmate for a while.

"Yes definitely, it can get quite lonely out here."

LJ then sat in silence for a few moments as he waited for Jeff to say something. Once he finally did, the killer asked.

"Hey it's getting kind of cold out, and the evening will roll around soon enough. I think I'm going to head back to my place soon."

Jack suddenly felt the mood lessen as he heard that.

"Do you want to come with me?"