Chapter 2: Naraku's Castle

This Chapter contains graphic depictions of not-so-consensual sex and a lemon. If you don't like this, skip this chapter. I promise, you won't miss a huge plot point.

Shippo woke slowly, disoriented. Whoa. There was a massive amount of demonic energy nearby. He opened his eyes and sat up, looking around stupidly for a moment before he saw the bars of the small cage he was in, saw the big, empty room, and then saw all the demons flying around outside.

"WAAAH!" he screamed, jolting to the back of his cell, his fox tail bushed out in fear.

"Quiet." the cold voice was so terrifyingly familiar that Shippo felt tears fill his eyes. Slowly, he looked over his shoulder to see Naraku, in his usual kimono with a sleeveless haori, standing in the now open door into the room, his black hair tied up into a ponytail. Shippo squeaked a little, forcing back a sob as he shrank away from the powerful demon. "You're both so noisy." Both? One of his friends was here?!

"You better let me out right now, or Inuyasha...!" Shippo began.

"Inuyasha is otherwise occupied." Naraku sat in front of Shippo's cage, making Shippo realize that it was dangling off the ground by almost three fourths of Naraku's height. "The last I saw, he was eagerly trying to awaken Kikyo from her faint." Shippo felt his eyes widen.

"That's a lie!" he said a moment later, pointing at Naraku, "Kikyo's dead!"

"So he chose not to enlighten you." Naraku said.

"Huh?" Shippo blinked.

"Kikyo survived." Naraku replied, "It seems even the tainting of the Shikon Jewel couldn't keep her in a grave." Shippo was stunned.

"Waah!" he cried, "I knew Inuyasha was an idiot, but what's he going to do when Kagome finds out?! He promised to love only her!"

"Intriguing." Naraku said, "I did not know that pathetic hanyou could make such a promise. Especially when he broke it. Right before her eyes." What? Kagome had caught Inuyasha?

"Wh...what happened to her?" Shippo asked hesitantly. And since when was Naraku so talkative?

"By now I imagine she's resting." Naraku said, "Based on yours and her behavior, you may even get a reunion." Shippo sat down, trying to absorb what had happened. He didn't really remember anything. Just waking up to a demonic presence and realizing the hut was about to burn.

"Ah! What happened to Sango and Miroku?! What about Kirara and old lady Kaede?!" he gasped. His friends! Inuyasha would come with them, right? Naraku gave an evil smirk.

"I watched the monk's Wind Tunnel engulf them." he said. What?! But the Wind Tunnel had disappeared from Miroku's hand! Wait, if Naraku was alive, that meant Miroku had been cursed again!

"Aww, I'm just a kid!" Shippo complained, tears filling his eyes, "I don't want my friends to die!" not like how his parents had died. Tears spilled from his eyes. Naraku looked annoyed.

"Can't you do something other than blubber and cry?" he growled, "Both of you haven't stopped crying since you got here." Shippo sniffled and wiped his eyes, startled when he saw Naraku's eyes widen fractionally. What in the world was the terrifying demon thinking? But he had to be strong! For Kagome! Once he got to see her, they could figure a way out. Naraku sighed and looked out the window. Shippo glanced at the demons outside for a long minute before he noticed the purple sky. What? A barrier? Could Inuyasha find it? When was Inuyasha going to save them?!

"That's better." Naraku said softly, his tone almost gentle. Shippo blinked. That tone reminded Shippo of his father. It was a tone Shippo's father had used to soothe Shippo after he'd been hurt. Granted, Shippo's father had been gentler, kinder, but it surprised Shippo that such a tone could come from Naraku. Naraku was well known for being cold, ruthless, and evil.