Chapter 6

As the evening descended upon the training room, casting a warm orange glow through the windows, Y/n bid farewell to Rantaro and Valt, a smile lingering on her lips at the prospect of hanging out with them again later—a plan Valt seemed particularly enthusiastic about, to her delight.

With intentions of enjoying the last rays of sunlight outside in the grassy area, Y/n began to make her way towards the exit. Despite being injured from yesterday, and confused with Free's behaviour, this day could not have been any better. However just as she was about to leave, something caught her attention, causing her to pause in her tracks.

In the distance, she could hear the faint sound of raised voices—two individuals engaged in a heated argument. The tone of the exchange was unmistakable; one voice, sharp and accusatory, was punctuated by intermittent bursts of anger, while the other, more measured and calm, seemed to be attempting to reason with or placate the agitated individual.

Intrigued, Y/n hesitated for a moment, her curiosity piqued by the altercation unfolding in the distance. Despite the temptation to intervene, she remained rooted to the spot, unsure of whether she should involve herself in the brewing conflict or simply continue on her way.

Y/n's curiosity got the better of her as she slowly made her way towards the source of the yelling. However, as she drew closer, a sudden wave of uncertainty washed over her, causing her to hesitate. She contemplated retreating, wanting to avoid getting entangled in the conflict unfolding before her. Especially a conflict that had nothing to do with her, or so she thought. Free was right yet again, she thought, she was undoubtedly incredibly nosy, harmlessly nosy, but still not the best look.

Just as she was about to turn back, her ears caught a familiar name amidst the heated exchange—her own name. Intrigued and somewhat unnerved by this revelation, Y/n paused in her tracks, her frown deepening as she strained to make out the words being exchanged. Now she has to turn back. Slowly she treaded closer to the voices, not wanting to be caught eavesdropping.

Pressing herself against the wall nearby, she listened intently, her eyes widening in shock as she recognized the voices of none other than Free and, presumably, Sasha. Her heart rate quickened as she tried to decipher the nature of their argument, her mind racing with questions and apprehensions. Was this the after math of what everyone was talking about? How Chris mentioned Sasha would not be happy, how Stan mentioned that he would tell Sasha, is this what Y/n was secretly dreading? But Free, why would he....?

It soon became apparent that they were fighting over her—a realization that left Y/n feeling both bewildered and unsettled. She remained hidden behind the wall, her breath caught in her throat as she struggled to comprehend the implications of their heated exchange.

"You— you carried her out of the forest! You bandaged her—"

Y/n's heart hammered against her chest as Sasha's voice sliced through the tense air like a knife. Each word dripped with accusation, and Y/n could feel the weight of Sasha's disappointment bearing down on her.

Guilt twisted in Y/n's stomach like a serpent coiling tighter with each passing moment. She hadn't meant to cause discord between Sasha and Free, but now she found herself trapped in the crossfire of their escalating argument. It was obvious though, their relationship was closer than Y/n had imagined, which can be told by just witnessing this argument alone. And she wished it wasn't true, and she hoped that it was not as deep as it seemed.

"What the hell was I supposed to do, dammit!" Free's voice erupted, his frustration palpable as he paced back and forth, his movements agitated. Y/n could see the strain etched into the lines of his face, the furrow of his brow deepening with each passing second.