Last name

Chapter three: Last name (Avery's POV)

It was now the next day. We fly to Rome tonight so I've got to finish all my packing, make sure I have everything, shower and get ready. But before that, I have to eat something. I crawled out of bed, putting my phone on my nightstand as I stood up. I opened my blinds and saw the three of them sitting around talking. 

Do they just hop around from one of their houses to another? 

I threw my hair up in a bun while walking downstairs. My parents were already off at work and my dad would come to pick me up at 5:45 pm and I would meet Soph and Lia at the airport. We have to drive to Sacramento which is about an hour away, when we get into Sacramento, we'll go to the International Airport there and catch our flight. This is a long-ass ride there, it's a 16 hour and 55-minute long flight with 2 stopovers. 

We are going to die. 

I made myself an Acai bowl before going back up to my room. I placed my food on my nightstand, taking bites in between as I packed. I counted my outfits, making sure I had enough, counted my socks, my underwear, making sure I had a spare of everything. I grabbed a shoe bag and put flip flops in them and Adidas shoes in another. 

I'll just wear my converse to the airport. 

I opened my dresser, grabbed a couple of swimsuits, one-piece, and two bikinis, then I packed up my makeup because I wasn't gonna need it today. After that, I went to shower so I could pack the toiletries as well. I came out of the shower in a different pair of pajamas that I would change out of before we left for the airport. 

I packed everything up, double, triple checking for everything. Once I was sure I had everything I zipped it up and took it to the top of the stairs. I sighed out loud, "How am I gonna get you down there?" I sighed to myself while placing my hands on my hips. Before I could drag my suitcase, the doorbell rang. I went downstairs and answered it, freezing in my spot. 

"Hi," he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. 

"Hi?" I said but it came out as a question. "Um- come on in," I stepped aside and let him in. 

"Are you going somewhere?" he asked while glancing at my suitcase. 

"Yeah. Vacation," I huffed while rubbing my hands on the sides of my thighs uneasily. "Wyatt, what're you doing here?" I asked in confusion. 

Meet my ex, ladies, and gentlemen. 

"I just wanted to drop by," he shrugged. 

"To do what?" I questioned. 

"Just, check on you," he replied. 

I rolled my eyes, "Do you still expect me to be dwelling over you six months after we've broken up?" I arched an eyebrow at him. "You didn't even come to check on me when we did break up. What do you want?" I sighed. "Do I have a hoodie that you want back? Or a photo you want to burn? What is it?" I asked in confusion. 

"There's a hoodie you still have," he mumbled. "Aria saw it in a picture, she wants it," he sighed. 

"I don't know which hoodie you're talking about, point it out if you see it," I sighed while going upstairs with him following. I opened my closet and stood there. I scanned my closet but I didn't find it anywhere. 

He stepped in and reached up top where I could barely reach and pulled it off the shelf. 

"Well, there you go," I sighed while closing my closet doors. 

"Still smells like you," he chuckled. 

"Hmm, bleach it in your cologne. Don't want her suspecting anything," I said sarcastically before rolling my eyes. I turned around and grabbed the empty bowl when I saw Ryder and Colton looking through my window. I looked at them in confusion before leading Wyatt out. He stopped at the top of the stairs and carried my suitcase downstairs.