[24]

Josephina

"Good morning, Josephina."

I smile and wave at the nurse who's been assigned to me ever since I came to the hospital. She's just generally a nice woman and there's something about her that just feels like home. I know, it's weird to call a person home or someone who just has home vibes but that's what she gives off. It makes me feel comfortable. 

"So what's the verdict?" Clara asks as she walks in behind her and stands by my side holding my hand. 

For context, it's been another couple of days of me just being at the hospital. True to their words, I did end up moving to a normal medical ward a day or two after a check up I had with the doctors who patched me up in the emergency wing. I was moved to a medical ward from ICU so that they could observe me for a day or two and see how I do. As of right now, nurse Elmer and a doctor came in and did an examination on me and check up. That's why Clara is here because this check up was an important one and since I'm a forgetful person I asked Clara to come today. 

"You are healing quite efficiently. You do still have some healing wounds but they are at a stage where it needs to heal on its own and does not need further medical treatment, however, we have made appointments for you so that we can check up on those wounds and previous injuries to see if they have fully healed. As well as general well-being check ups." The doctor, who I have never seen before, hands over to Clara a small piece of paper with some writing on it. 

"That is an appointment card for Josephina. There are phone numbers for both the doctors and offices where they work at as well as the date and times for these upcoming appointments." Nurse Elmer explains and Clara and both nod in unison. 

"Besides that, you are still fairly malnourished but that can easily be solved by eating three meals a day and making sure you eat a bit of everything for a balanced diet. You will be experiencing pain, which is normal, so we've prescribed you medication for various things as well as pain medication." He hands over the sheet of paper with the prescribed medication on it to Clara as well and then explains to us how to get to the pharmacy from here. 

"With all that out of the way, you're free to go Josephina. I hope to see you completely healed next time we see each other." He smiles and walks out of the room, calling to another nurse to direct him to his next patient for the day. 

Nurse Elmer smiles as well and helps me take off all the extra things like the thing monitoring my blood pressure and so on. She says her goodbyes as well and then leaves Clara and I to gather all of my things. 

The minute she's out, Clara and I start squealing in excitement. "I'm leaving! I'm actually leaving!" I sing and cheer as I get up and do a small little victory dance. Don't get me wrong, the hospital was not bad at all but there's nothing like being in an environment where you're totally comfortable and free to make your own choices and not being bound by machinery and restrictions. 

"I can't wait to start decorating your room!!" Clara exclaims and then goes on a whole tangent about how Felix and her have been cleaning out this spare room for me and that the room is now a blank canvas waiting to be painted by me. 

I laugh and tell her that we first need to go to my house and get a few things before we can even think about creating and decorating a new room for me. Clara gasps and thanks me for reminding her about that and tells me that she is quickly going to call her brothers. 

"I'm going to get changed while you do that." Clara nods and walks out of the medical ward to make the phone call to her brothers and I walk over to the bathroom for patients in the medical ward. 

I don't have any clothes of my own with me. Obviously the clothes that I was wearing were soaked in blood and it was in the way when I got to the hospital so the doctors cut off most of my clothes. Either way I can't wear those clothes now. Clara brought some of her clothes from home when she came in today, which I'm so grateful for. Clara and I aren't the exact same size because, well as the doctor said, I'm quite the bit malnourished so I'm a bit smaller than Clara is. However, clothes that are bigger in size are always the most comfortable.