CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

-BENJI'S POV-

I woke up from the sun shinning brightly through my room window. I wiped my eyes and sat up when my eyes landed on Miko as she stared out the window.

I got out of bed before walking towards her. Resting my hand on her shoulder, she used her right hand to touch mines before rubbing it with her thumb.

"I'm sorry if I woke you. I couldn't sleep." She said and i shook my head as if she could see me.

"You good mamas. How you feel?" I asked and she shrugged.

"Nia called." She spoke and I nodded.

"What she say?" I asked.

"They found Mack's body in the Truckee River." She said and I cursed under my breath.

"Benji all these people that are close to me are dying. You and Nia are close to me and I don't want anything happening to y'all." She said as she turned around and faced me.

"My grandma was all that I had left that was family. I'm alone now." She said and i shook my head.

"You not alone. You got me, and Nia. We standing by your side Ight? If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask me." I said in all honesty.

I was willing to help Miko with anything she needed. I know how she feels because I've been through it as well. Stuff like this hit home and it don't feel well. The shit honestly have you feeling depressed but I never let myself get to that stage.

"Benji? What if I asked you to help me kill them?" She said and i raised a brow. Miko? Killing somebody?

"Nah. I told you I'll handle it. It's gone be Ight." I said and she shook her head as she stood to her feet.

"No Benji! I want to do it. They took somebody from me! Somebody that I was now living for and they killed her! If your not gonna help me, then I won't beg you." She said as she grabbed some of my joggers off my dresser and her shoes before walking out.

I sighed. There was now way I was gonna let her do this alone. Whoever is after her is probably dangerous and I refuse to lose her.

I grabbed her arm before pulling her back inside my room and throwing her on the bed. I closed the door behind me.

"Benji let me go." She said in a raspy voice as if she was about to cry.

"Miko you better not drop one damn tear. You can't keep crying. You cried all last night and crying ain't gonna do nothing but make it worst! You might of lost ya grandma but I'm sure she don't want you grieving like this. You wanna find these niggas, we'll do that. But if you want my help, we need to wait until I find more information!" I said and she rolled her eyes.

"Can I go now." She stood to her feet and walked over. I chuckled as I stood over her 5,2 height.

"Nah. You can chill here." I said as I slipped on my white Air Force 1s and a hoodie.

"What? Where are you going?" She asked.

"I gotta meet Brandon and Polo so we can talk about a few things. I'll be back." I said and she nodded. Opening the door, I felt her grab my arm. Turning around, she brought her lips into mine.

Now this was a shocker and I wondered what the hell got into her lil innocent ass. Our kiss went on for most likely 3 minutes before she pulled away with this childish ass grin which made me laugh.

"Be careful Benji." She said and i chuckled shaking my head.

"Ight mamas. Don't take ya ass no where." I said sternly before closing the door and jogging down the stairs.

-AMIKO'S POV-

I woke up to yelling coming from downstairs. Wiping my eyes, I saw that it was still day time outside. Taking the covers off my legs, I yawned. Benji's bed is comfortable as fuck.

Grabbing my phone, I looked at the time and seen that I had a missed call from Nia. Taking my phone in the bathroom, I called Nia back and her face popped up on the screen.

"Hey Miko. You good?" Nia asked and I nodded. Benji was right. I couldn't keep doing all this crying. The crying would just stop me from what I'm trying to do and that was find and kill whoever hurt my Nana.

I know she wants me to do what's best for myself and move on but I can't. Not until I find who did this bullshit.

I bent down in the cabinet as I found a toothbrush and I spotted a clean wash cloth.

"Are you okay?" I asked and Nia nodded.

"Yeah. You just gotta move on. I miss her though." Nia spoke and I nodded but I wanted to get off this subject because I knew that I'll start crying.

"Sooo what you doing today?" Nia asked.

"Nothing. I can't go anywhere. Benji won't let me." I said and Nia smiled.

"What you smilin for?" I asked giving her a glare.

"Oh nothing. I got this best friend feeling that your not telling me something." Nia spoke. I cursed under my breath.

"I kissed him." I blurted out and Nia covered her mouth with her eyebrows raised to her edges.

"Bitchhhh!!!! Was his lips soft like you always predicted?" Nia asked and I nodded with a smile.

"I feel like I accomplished something." I smiled before I heard glass shatter.

"Hold on Nia, I'll call you back." I spoke and she nodded before blowing me a kiss. I blew one back and hung my phone up before I folded my towel and hung it up.

I walked out the bathroom and out his room. Looking around the huge house I was shocked. Now I knew he had money but I just ain't seen nothing like this in so long. This shit was wild.

"Pierre you better get her ass! I'm not playin I'll murk her shit!" I heard as I walked down the stairs to see 4 kids. Well I wouldn't say kids. Teenagers.

As I touched the last step, all eyes landed on me.

"Miko?" I heard and I looked over. It was Riley I had recognized.

"Hey Riley!" I squealed as I hugged her. Now I only seen Riley, Pierre and Kairo on facetime when I'm with Benji. This girl I never seen but she must be his sister as well.

"Awe shit! My baby momma!" Pierre said but Kairo pushed him away before running to me like a big baby.

"Wassup baby. Ian know you came to see me." Kairo said and Pierre smacked his lips before smacking the back of his head.

"Shut the fuck up." Pierre said.

"ShUt ThE fUcK uP." Kairo mocked as he walked to the kitchen.

"And who are you?" The young girl asked.

"My name is Amiko." I said with my hand out but she just rolled her eyes.

"If you just one of my brothers hoes, don't think your staying to long." She said and she left me in shock. I wasn't nobody's hoe.

"Um—." I was cut off by Riley.

"Jayla shut the fuck up! You always talking bullshit! Imma laugh when yo ass get pregnant and Benji put you out hoe! Don't speak to her if you have nothing nice to say! You don't even know her like that." Riley spat and Jayla rolled her eyes.

"Fuck you Riley! Worry about ya damn self!" Jayla shouted.

"I want ya body. I want ya body because of that big ole fat ass." Kairo whispered in my ear and i playfully hit him as he laughed.

"Jayla chill out." Pierre spoke.

"She's good." I said as I walked into the kitchen. I just wanted to look around.

"I'm sorry for Jayla. Her ass ignorant and thinks the world revolves around her." Riley said as she threw me a Koolaid Jammer.

"It's okay." I chuckled and she shook her head as she sat by me.

"It's so good to see you in person. Don't worry about Pierre and Kairo calling you baby momma. They did that to all his girlfriends. They sometimes still call Tessa that." Riley shrugged and I rolled my eyes at that name.