Finding my Prince... Uh, is that supposed to be him? 9

Chapter 9

The next morning, a familiar pair of arms were wrapped around my waist and a familiar set of lips ran the length of my neck. I yawned and shielded my eyes from the early morning sun. It was Monday.
"Buono giorno teroso," Damon whispered in my ear. His gorgeous accent sent shivers through me.
"See we made it here last night," I remarked.
"For once," he said from behind me. The clock said it was seven a.m. I still had an hour. I sat up and felt my head pounding, probably from yesterday's events. I walked over to my closet and changed into frayed short jorts (short Jean shorts) and a Metallica shirt that was a little too small. I loved it anyways. I stumbled down the stairs with Damon's help to the kitchen and made a PB&J sandwich. I ate quickly and grabbed Damon's board from the paint room.
"That's looking really good Ser," Damon said from the doorway.
"It should, a lot of time is in this thing," I said and hauled it out to my jeep.
"See you later D," I said without thinking.
"I'll pick you up for lunch," he called from his car.
"Sounds like a plan!" I yelled before he drove off. In the jeep, I scraped all my hair except the bangs into a high ponytail and got to work.
"Serena!" Ashley squealed excitedly. "Where did you disappear to this weekend?" she asked.
"Nowhere special, I hung out with Chris before he left for Canada again," I stated, not giving her anything to work with. My hair was falling into my face so I took the ponytail out for a bit.
"Come on that can't be it?!" she whined.
"I got stung by a jellyfish in the ocean," I said pointing to my swollen and bandaged foot.
"I heard you're supposed to pee on it," she said. I laughed.
"No you soak it in vinegar," I corrected. She thought it over.
"Wouldn't that burn a lot?"
"Of course it does, but it's not infected now is it?" I said to her.
"Morning Ser," Olivia called from her register.
"Morning Livy," I called and went to finish up Damon's. I finished by ten and Elena came in.
"Elena!" I said and hugged her.
"Hey Serena!" she said just as happy.
"How was your weekend? It must've been nice without Damon," I asked.
"It was, did you keep him all weekend?" she asked waggling her eyebrows.
"Not all weekend, there might've been six hours where I didn't see him," I said and she laughed.

"And you borrowed Stefan too? Wow child, those two will do just about anything for you," She stated. I laughed.

"If only you knew," I said, twisting my hair into a high ponytail again. Elena started giggling... Oh no, the bruise. It had been a few days since that bite but it was still a vibrant purple... Ugh, I'm going to kill him. I took my hair back down and placed it so it covered the fairly large purple mark on my neck.

"Yes, I'm going to kill him," I stated and Elena laughed.

"Oh, speak of the devil and he shall appear," Elena said looking over to the front door as Damon strode in.

"Very funny Elena," He said walking over. When he got closer to me I smacked him upside the head. Elena laughed.

"The only person that could lay a hand on Damon and get away with it,"  Elena remarked.

"What was that for?!" Damon asked, still stunned that I had actually hit him. All I did was lift my silver hair to show the purple bruise and he laughed lightly.  I turned away and started walking the opposite direction from Damon.

"Hey, hey, wait, Serena!" I felt his arms go around my waist to stop me. Knowing I couldn't get out if I really tried anyways, I stood there.

"I'm sorry darling, I really am," He said in my ear quietly. I knew Elena could hear anyways. I sighed heavily and leaned back into him. He kissed my head before leaning down to whisper to me again.

"I promise I'll make up for it, because a beautiful girl like you shouldn't have an ugly mark like that," He finished. I smiled a little and turned around in his arms. I put my hands on his chest like the last time I tried to convince him I was right.