25

Midway through the week Niall came over for dinner. It was just the two of us since Stacy and Dan had gone out for the night. The evening had been casual, nothing was out of the ordinary. Niall helped me make dinner as we laughed at trashy reality shows playing on the TV and joked around with each other.

"If there's one thing in life that I regret, it's not going on the Bachelor when I was single." I sighed.

Niall let out a loud laugh. "THAT'S what you regret? Seriously?"

"Yes!" I squeaked.

"He doesn't even seem like your type." He cringed, staring at the TV.

"He doesn't need to be. All I have to do is be dramatic or funny so I can stay on long enough for the free vacations!" I explained.

Niall shook his head in amusement. "I can take you on vacations, you know."

"But I wouldn't have the opportunity to go with 20 other women and fight for a man's attention." I joked.

"If that's what you really want, I can make it happen." He shrugged, smirking.

My eyes narrowed in on him. "I'm not sure how to take that."

He chuckled, before throwing his hands up in the air innocently. "I'm just trying to give you what you want!"

"Sure." I said sarcastically, making him a plate of food as he sat down at the kitchen island.

He muttered a 'Thanks' as I set it down in front of him.

"So..." He said casually, eyeing me as I made my own plate before sitting down beside him. "Have you thought anymore about my place?"

"About moving in?" I asked.

He nodded.

"Yeah, I've been thinking about it."

He stared at me for a moment before realizing that I was done talking. "And?"

"I'm...not really sure yet." I felt guilty giving him that answer because I could see the disappointment on his face when I said it.

"Oh...okay." He nodded, trying to act casual.

"It's not that I don't want to." I added.

His eyebrows pulled together in confusion. "Then what's stopping you?"

I sighed. "It's just a really big step. If we don't work out, I have to start all over because I'll have nowhere to go."

"You're scared we won't work out?" He asked, concern in his voice.

"I-Not scared, necessarily." I fumbled over my words uncomfortably. "Concerned maybe? We haven't been together that long."

"Seven months...but what does that matter? I love you, and last I checked, you loved me too." He said casually.

"Of course I do, but don't you think we should wait?" I asked.

"For what?"

"I don't know, a more appropriate time frame?" I shrugged.

"When exactly is the right amount of time for a couple to move in together?" He asked, smirking.

I furrowed my brow, starting to feel a little defensive. "I-I don't know. A year maybe?"

"So you would feel more comfortable with me asking you again in five months?" He replied.

"Maybe? I don't know, Niall." I said, shaking my head. "There's not a set amount of time. I guess it depends on the couple."