Prelude 1/4

When you wake in a cold sweat night after night could get a bit tiring, having the horrible images forced into your mind could only lead to insanity. And that's exactly what they wanted.

Having to go through it alone was another thing too, when you either were told you were crazy or attention-seeking. Hyejoo didn't hold people close to her heart, because she knew they'd always leave her at some point. It had gotten to the point she carried aspirin with her everywhere, for the intense migraines she got throughout the day, or the severe sickness she got from time to time as a result of not listening, those creatures took a big toll on her health. Something had to change.

Many knew she never stood a chance at a normal life. Even if her parents had raised her there was still little to no chance she would be anywhere near normal. But being raised in a new household each weak didn't help, the constant change of lifestyle, and the sickening things she saw and experienced on the way, only made it worse. She only had one foster family she ever liked. She stayed with them for a year when she was about seven, and within moments she already knew that this family was a nice one, they had a daughter, her name was Yerim and they instantly became excellent friends. 

Those two did everything together, and despite sharing a room, and all possessions, they always got along. Yerim didn't feel like a step-sister, she felt like a twin. Of course, they were constantly mistaken as twins all the time. There weren't words to describe how happy they made each other. 

That didn't stay the same for very long, Yerim got very ill at the young age of eight, and their parents needed all the money they could have, so they had to say goodbye to Hyejoo. At least Hyejoo knew her parents didn't care about her, but Yerim's parents always treated her like their own and loved her just like they did Yerim. But, now she had to switch homes every other month or so, and she wasn't looking forward to it. 

She never heard another word about Yerim, and she assumed Yerim passed away.  She would have heard from them if she lived, right? Or did they never actually care? 

The worry that Yerim's parents never cared about her was went sent her off the rails, Yerim was always there for her when the other kids would make fun of her for having no family and being different. But now that she was alone she found herself lashing out, and that carried on throughout the majority of her adolescence. Until everyone had enough and she had to live at the boarding school like everyone else.

She was the first of the four to be sent there, slowly building up a wall between her and the new arrivals. Because if she were to make a connection with one of them, they would most certainly abandon her.