Chapter 7

Warning for slight gore, or not slight, pretty extreme, BUT YOU'VE BEEN WARNED:

"Oh, Jesus fucking Christ!" Hyejoo screamed, clutching the rock in her hands and sprinting out of the room, down the stairs, and to the bathroom. "Ch-Chaewon..." All the possible things that could have happened to Chaewon in there run through her mind, and her heart beats so loudly it's all she can hear in her ears. "Chaewon, you're okay right?" There wasn't any water running, she couldn't hear an answer, so she tried the knob, and opened the door. 

There was no evidence that anyone had been there ever, "Chaewon?" she looked around hopelessly in the small room. "Hyejoo, what are you doing?" Chaewon said, walking into the bathroom. "O-oh my god..." Hyejoo said, flinging her arms around the smaller girl, her tears threatening to fall. "The-the rock said, something would happen to you," "The rock?" Hyejoo pulled back, showing Chaewon the rock in her hand. "Oh... So you're gonna stay with me?" "If you want, me too." "I think that'd be best, you know... It'd be quite a waste to get undressed and not have someone watch." "I thought you were dead, not the time, Chaewon." 

"Oh, okay. I'm sorry." Hyejoo's eyes narrowed, and her fists clenched. "This isn't fun and games anymore, we have to try to survive and get rid of this thing. We can't just fuck in the bathroom when confronted with problems. We don't have time, I love you, and I don't know what I'd do if this thing hurts you." "How do we get rid of it?" "Find out why I'm cursed and find out how to get rid of the curse. Or learn its name, or some other horror movie way of removing the demons. Or... I hate to say it, but maybe an exorcism?" "Wait, what? Why can't we just learn its name? That'd be so much easier."

"I don't want to do it either! I don't know anybody who can do it! Plus do you know how wrong those things can go? I could die! I don't want to do this, but it might come down to that." "Oh no, no, no. We are not doing that, I can live with the demons not without you." "That was disgustingly cheesy, how many times do I have to tell you to focus?" "I'm sorry, look-" "It's not your choice, Chaewon. Death is very unlikely, but death is very likely if I keep these things around." "You said they couldn't hurt me!" "Not yet." They were interrupted by another glass shatter, that made Chaewon scream and grab onto Hyejoo. The mirror in the bathroom they were just outside. Thick black tar oozed from the shattered mirror, an arm stuck out of the hole, then a leg, then another arm, before a whole body crawled from it. 

Before she knew it, it was just Chaewon, in the woods by the pond where it all started. "She's good as gone you know," She heard the creature speak, the overwhelming fear engulfed her hole and the hairs on the back of her neck stood. "You're completely alone, you know that," "N-no. I'm not!" She tried to yell, but she only felt cold clawed fingers move the hair from her face, and breathe on her neck. "Why don't you look over there." Chaewon walked toward the demon's beckoning only being confused as there was nothing to see. "Look up, princess," Chaewon moved her gaze upwards, hesitantly, very sure she wouldn't like what she saw.

The blood ran down her face from her empty eye sockets, her whole body looking somewhat mangled, covered in bruises, cuts, and scratches. She was suspended by the roped around her neck, as her hands were curled inward towards her palms in reaction to the immense pain she must have felt before death. But the disfigured face and body could only be identified as Hyejoo. She screamed and stumbled backward. "N-no! Y-you monster! How could you?" Chaewon yelled, her knees growing weak as she fell to the ground in a heap.

The monster sauntered over toward her, snapping her ugly fingers, and Chaewon immediately began to choke. Coughing, and coughing, suddenly there was something in her throat, something restricting her breath, but when she finally choked it up it was all the more disgusting. I slimy round white ball, similar in texture to that of a skinned grape lay in her hand. "The fuck?" She muttered to herself, she examined the object closer, as she saw the now lifeless dark brown iris and pupil reduced to a small dot, seemingly in fear. The realization hit her a little harder than she would have liked. That was Hyejoo's eye, wasn't it? The one missing from the mangled body. "Your little friend is only temporary, we are eternal." 

Chaewon jolted awake, a cold sweat drenching her body, and tears pooling in her eyes. Hyejoo was looking at her, seemingly concerned. Chaewon just tried to keep her breath under control as she was gasping so loudly it was a bit concerning. She panned her eyes around the room, the same hallway outside the bathroom by the staircase, not the woods. Jiwoo and Sooyoung stood in the corner watching with concern as well. "Ch-Chae, you passed out..." Hyejoo said, but it just sounded like mumbling in her ear. "Are you okay? You were screaming, is everything alright?" 

"They- they- want your eyes..."