Get inside the fucking house.

II found myself staring again. For the past few days, I had been visiting the abandoned house where the murder happened. There were a lot of such houses in this town, and a lot of people died. Some of them had babies who grew up to be normal kids, but some turned into emo trash, and some even got together to kill themselves.

I couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do. I had interests besides school, or maybe just one. I was a few centimeters away from crossing the police line and taking a look inside when my phone rang.

"Hey, it's me, Travis," the caller said. I had no idea who he was, but he believed I should recognize his name.

"I got your number from Mr. Klatz's list," he said. That made more sense as I knew Mr. Klatz was our homeroom teacher who had asked every parent to share their child's and their own mobile phone in case of an "emergency" - the same excuse in every school. Just a fucking way to spy on us.

I left him on read as I didn't have anything to say to him. But he had distracted me enough that I stepped back and continued my walk home. Another buzz. I was ready to ignore it, but then it occurred to me. Could it be him?

I pulled out my phone to check it. "I was hoping you could join us," the message read. Us? Not him. Who was this guy bugging me, like we were friends?

"We got the faggot here," he added. That got my attention, but even so, I wasn't going to alter my plans.

"Busy. Send pics," I replied and left it at that.

As soon as I got home, I headed straight to the living room. The piano was already set up, waiting for me. My mom greeted me with a kiss on the forehead, her ritual.

I sat on the stool and began the lesson. Die Entführung was the piece - the stolen song. It was the one that had been playing in my head ever since I saw the abandoned house. I couldn't shake it off, no matter how hard I tried. It was like a haunting melody that kept me up at night.