Beginnings

So this is another new attempt at a Fate/Stay Night Young Justice crossover. Please be kind. I'm trying from scratch and I plan on trying to better develop the story and characters.

Swords crashed into each other, back and forth as two men battle on a field of blades. Weapons ranging from spears to swords to daggers flew across the fiery sky, only to collide with a copy. A golden-haired man growled as a wall of golden portals are summoned, releasing blasts of fire, lightning, and weapons. Shirou merely looked up as shields and weapons from around this strange world flew to him at incalculable speeds, colliding with the onslaught of destruction. Moving at inhuman speeds, Shirou summoned weapons to his hand as he rushed towards his enemy, the Servant Gilgamesh. He slashed and hacked, intercepting each blade that was fired with his own blades.

Shirou gritted his teeth as golden portals appeared from every direction, each aiming a weapon of mass destruction.

"Trace..." he chanted, channeling more and more magical energy. "On!"

Swords whirled around him, transforming into a vast whirlwind that pushed him up the air as a beautiful pink shield in the shape of a seven-petaled flower protected him from the explosion. Gilgamesh gasped as he saw that the magus had survived.

"Rho Aias," Shirou said.

Gilgamesh unleashes a typhoon of attacks, slamming into the enormous shield that protected Shirou, who began to fall to the ground. The shield's seven petals held back the onslaught, as the petals slowly shattered. Shirou raised his hand, summoning a white blade, the Noble Phantasm Bakuya, as he fell to the earth like a falling star. His shield breaking, he dodged every blade and saw Gilgamesh draw a strange sword that began to rotate. As he saw the weapon, Shirou grit his teeth as his mind failed to even comprehend the primordial, alien sword. He carried on, putting all his strength into his next strike and before landing on the ground, his sword slashing into Gilgamesh's arm with the force of a crashing meteor. He landed on his feet, summoning another sword, the twin black sword Kanshou.

Gilgamesh grit his teeth, as the pain of the missing limb surged through him. "I'll give you this," he reluctantly growled, "you're more powerful than me... for now!!"

Shirou took another step as he readied Kanshou for another attack. "Go to hell!!" he roared, the world of blades, his Reality Marble the Unlimited Blade Works faded from existence in a flash of brilliant light.

As the light faded, Shirou fell to the ground, exhausted. He looked to his arm, where the remains of a transferred magic crest, the connection of mana Rin Tohsaka forged between them, began to fade. He looked up to see Gilgamesh, panting and just as exhausted. The King of Heroes had lost an arm and had a deep wound across his chest from Shirou's onslaught. Despite these lethal injuries, the Archer Servant merely stood glaring at Shirou, summoning another golden portal and ready to finish the magus off.

"Running out of prana is such a pathetic end," Gilgamesh spat, fatigue evident in his voice. "Victory is yours. But it will not save your life, faker."

Shirou grit his teeth, desperately trying to find the prana that could save him. He wasn't proficient at using the mana in the air and his odic force was almost completely used up. The magus sent a glare at his enemy.

'At least I'll be taking him with me...' Shirou thought, his muscles straining to even move. However, his glare stopped when he saw a black void appear where Gilgamesh's arm had once been.

Gilgamesh sensed it too, as the void released a torrent of malevolent energy, nearly overwhelming Gilgamesh.

"What?!" Gilgamesh demanded as Shirou stood in shock. "How dare you drag me in, you wretch! Wai-"