The War of the Roses - 1485

It was early in August 1485, we was told by the Lancastrian fellow Henry Tudor to sail with him across the English channel from France to then arrive at South Wales. There was around 2000 of us to fight for Henry Tudor. Yet we didn't know what would be the consequences of this battle and if this would cause us any harm or treason. Henry was very ambitious and we trusted him blindly as we were his loyal subjects. Tudor was a wise man and he was definite that he would overthrow the treacherous Richard III who was dominating the throne. He wasn't even the lawful heir. He had his nephews King Edward and Richard locked up in the tower and he became the king for Edward. Lord knows whats happened to those boys and I pray for those innocent souls and beseech them.

Marching through the Welsh Countryside, our ranks of army had swelled and we all joined together and walked for the sake of Henry Tudor. We had so much respect for this man and hope it works out for him and he does become our Sovereign Lord and prince rather than this traitor who sits on the throne with his hunched back. 

We kept on marching and with that our army kept expanding and growing  until by the time we had reached the border of Shrewsbury, our men was doubled from the start that we had. I was astonished of the love and respect they had for this man. We was ready to take on the York's and Richard.

Whilst at Middleham Castle:

On hearing the news of Henry's landing, King Richard III began to muster his Yorkist army at Leicester. Richard wasn't scared, he knew he could kill Henry and that would be the end of his overthrowing plan. He had already gotten rid of the princes and Henry would be easy to. In the Yorkist Army we had 10,000 of us and the king had deployed us on a hill top which was just south of Market Bosworth in Leicestershire. 

There on an adjacent hilltop, staring at us with angry faces and sweat, stood the forces of Henry's stepfather Thomas with an army totalling of around 6,000 men. We had Stanley elected to spectate the battle and let us know of the achievements and who was in the lead of this war.

Our sovereign lord, Richard, had told us his aim was Henry and was leading the charge on him whereas everyone else should be mainly focusing on the Lancaster army. Richard was taking a big step and that was his biggest mistake.

Our forces were separated and the Lancaster troops were confused to the fact of why we had done this but we was only to obey Richard and we believed that he was correct in the mindset he had. Richard had then also separated from us and was leading the force rather than us all going together. 

After seeing this, Lord Stanley had then finally decided to join the battle on the side of his stepson. He did not spectate as he knew that this would be extremely easy for him. Richard went first and we followed him.

All of a Sudden! Richard's horse was trapped in boggy ground which made it extremely hard for Richard. We was in deep trouble due to the fact that we cant do anything as it could risk our lives. 

Henry Tudor had then got off his horse and walked to Richard in which he proceeded his army to attack us. Many died and spears were thrown. IT came to the point that it was the final straw between Richard and Henry. They fought and clinged their swords with each other until the part when Richard was murdered.

After seeing our king's fate we had then surrendered and we abandoned the field and left to go home. 

Lancaster Army:

It was true after all! Henry was destined to be the king of England. He won the battle and had defeated Richard! Henry walked down to Richard's body and collected the crown. We then followed Henry to a hill in which his stepfather placed the crown on Henry's head and he was crowned King Henry VII of England and Lord of Ireland.