Elizabeth of York

Henry was now crowned king of England. It all worked out for him at the end! It was now time for the king to get married. He had promised the Yorkists that he will marry a Yorkist to unite the conflicting families of the Wars of the Roses. His wife to be was the daughter of the late king Edward IV and this would also cause her to have a strong claim to the throne also. However, Henry had no intention of sharing power on the English Throne. 

So Henry organised his coronation on the 30th of October 1485 before his wedding. A papal dispensation was required because Henry did not want Elizabeth's own legitimacy for the crown to be called in question as she had such a strong position on becoming a Queen. He named Edward V as his predecessor and they were then married on the 18th of January 1846.

Elizabeth was one of the beauties of her age with the Classic English Rose look. She had thick blonde hair, blue eyes and fair skin which was the quintessential English beauty at the time. She had an attractive character and the couple was made for each other.

Henry adored Elizabeth and they had consummated their marriage on their wedding night

Henry adored Elizabeth and they had consummated their marriage on their wedding night. It was the most passionate bonding we had seen since the times of Henry V. Alas we had finally got the king that we had needed for this country. 

A week after the consummation of their marriage, Elizabeth was pronounced pregnant due to the success of their sexual relationship. Henry was extremely pleased and the couple celebrated together.

However, there was one problem of their marriage and that was the fact that Henry would  try to model his own marriage after his parents

However, there was one problem of their marriage and that was the fact that Henry would  try to model his own marriage after his parents. Henry loved his mother and she was always described as the most beautiful woman he'd known. Elizabeth would respect that would always tried to make Henry understand that his relationship will be different as is every. We all presumed that Henry was not content with his marriage with Elizabeth thus he would always talk about his parents.

Henry himself was an impressive lad. He was tall and slim and had dark hair. He would wear a hat in which his hair was covered yet some was shown out. He would always wear the colour red as it represented his house and background of Lancaster and it was his favourite colour.

However Henry was not in peace......