Coffee Time - Randy (!)

Andy-

The first time he came into the coffee shop, it was only a week into the semester at university. He ordered black coffee, stayed for three hours, and then left.

The second time he came in, it was the same routine. He ordered a black coffee, stayed for three hours and then left.

It went on like this for a month. Every Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday, he would grace us with his beautiful eyes, messy hair, and hipster style that I didn't mind. He was eye candy for sure. Gorgeous face, slim figure, and obviously worried about the important things, like school.

My usual coworker, Jess, and I would wait every day for when he comes in at around 6 o'clock pm just to fight at who is going to take his order. Who was going to talk to pretty boy today? "He obviously isn't gay, why do you insist on talking to him," Jess huffs playfully. I understand her point, but he has a rainbow pin on his backpack (along with a Star Wars, Harry Potter, and Supernatural pin (what a nerd)) and that gives me enough hope to keep talking to him and possibly get enough courage to flirt as well.

One day however, a girl just started showing up to his little coffee study sessions. She was cute, but obviously not his type. She ordered a fruity tea, constantly stayed on her phone, and just- I can't think of a third reason why, she just wasn't his type. His demeanor didn't change around her either. He was still the quiet guy who didn't look up from his computer the second he sat down. She stopped coming after a month though and I was probably a little bit too happy about that.

Jess was getting brave. She started talking to him more, but he really didn't seem interested. After a few to many tries of her flirting, she gave up. "You know what?" she exasperated, "I'm over pretty boy, he is all yours!" She sighed dramatically before tending to her closing duties, "waste of my time." I only laugh back at her, but hey, at least I have free range now...until I didn't.

Now a guy started coming into the coffee shop with him. The short, brunette guy who also didn't match pretty boy's style. Shortie ordered a caramel macchiato, did some work, then eventually started playing on his phone. He also eyed other guys as they walked in. I frowned watching this unfold, I really wish pretty boy wasn't on a date with this guy. If I was on a date with pretty boy, I wouldn't be able to keep my eyes off him.

But sadly, this went on for about a month and into the colder season. It was about to be December, a week away in fact, the season of giving but also the season of finals. We were a little bit busier in the coffee shop, but that did not stop me from pouring pretty boy a black coffee every Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. But something happened that I didn't expect, pretty boy's shortie approached me.

"Hey cutie," he smirked. His dangerous forest eyes had a hint of mischief behind them and his Essex accent was slurred a bit, I'm guessing to sound sultry. I look past him for a second to see that pretty boy was gone, probably in the bathroom, before I look back at the brunette.

"How can I help you sir?" I answer politely not looking too much into the compliment.

"Yes, I was wondering if I could possibly have your number."

I laugh, "mate, you don't even know my name."

"Andy," he grins before gesturing to my name tag that sat on my chest, front and center for everyone to see. I completely forgot it was there and I mentally face palmed. "So, is that a yes?" he asked as his fingers trace over the counter.

I bite my lip as pretty boy comes out of the bathroom. Our eyes connect and I may have looked at little too long because that causes the brunette to turn and face pretty boy as well. "Don't worry about him, he is just my cousin," he says brushing off pretty boy. My heart soars, his cousin? That means pretty boy is available and has been available. "My name is Brooklyn," the brunette continues before writing his number on the back of the receipt, "call me sometime."