part thirteen

jj's pov

i should've listened to kiara and pope.. throwing a party was a stupid idea. i just wanted to get my mind off of the whole john b thing.

everyone though that the boat washing up from the hurricane was some sort of proof that they were dead. but they found no bodies. they found no bodies and until they did, no evidence could change my mind that they were out there and alive.

i was sick of hearing pope's theories and kiara's 'concocting lectures' and so i decided to throw a party. an absolutey awful idea on my part because now my house was trashed and it smelled like someone had taken a shit in the middle of the living room.

and to make matters worse she was here, hannah, and with some preppy kook. i didn't know why it bothered me so much that she was with a guy and that his hand was slung over her waist, but it did.

"are you even listening to me," kiara said, slapping me on the arm to bring my attention back to her lecture.

"look who showed up," i groaned, tutting my head to gesture towards the brunette. i watched kiara glance her way before turning back to me.

"whatever jj, i was just saying-" kiara began before i interrupted her.

"that this was a bad idea, yes, yes, i am very clear of your opinions on my reckless actions," i said sarcastically.

kiara narrowed her eyes on me, "can you like, try and not bother hannah tonight?"

"what makes you think i would do that?" i smirked at her, she only narrowed her eyes at my sarcasm.

"what would make me think that? oh i don't know jj maybe its because you hate her guts for no reason and-" ki rambled.

"yeah, yeah, whatever," i cut her off and stood up from my spot. suddenly the few beers i had drank earlier hit me like a truck and i had to regain my balance, blinking a few times, before walking towards the house.

i grabbed a bottle of water with no desire of drinking anymore and i sat on a stool at the counter, just observing my surroundings.

things seemed to blur by in front of me, one moment there were a hundred people in my living room and the next there were only twenty. before i knew it the party was dialing down and i stood up from my stool, unaware of how much time had passed. i looked around and realized kiara had left, probably soon after i had brushed her off earlier.

i picked up the plastic bin on the floor and began to grab beer bottles and solo cups from the counter and throw them in. that's when i heard a small voice from behind me.

"jj?" i turned around to see the brunette staring up at me, arms crossed in front of her chest and intensely chewing on her lip.

"kook, what the hell are you still doing here?" i asked her, looking around to see where her prissy boyfriend had went.

"i-um-i," she stuttered, "i don't have a ride home and i don't exactly know anyone here except for you and i tried to find ki but i think she left and i hadn't seen pope all night and im-"

"you need a ride?" i huffed, raising an eyebrow and smirking at her.

"uh yeah, yes," she nervously said.

it was weird, i never remembered her being this nervous around me the first few times i had met her. it was like she was a whole new person, so timid and shy.

"where'd country club go?" i joked.

"who- oh.. henry," she said looking down at the ground, "he uh- he had to leave."