coincidences

Nick's pov 

You ruined it, Nick. For me, Joe, Leia, Kev, Dani- yourself! 

Her words are still stuck in my head, and the sudden realisation of what I've done starts to set in after a few hours. 

I start pacing around the apartment. Leia is still in the guest room, after 2 hours, and I'm starting to think she fell asleep. I sigh, my hands getting sweaty. I needed to make things right with everyone- but where should I start? 

Wiping my hands on my jeans, I make my way to the guest room and knock on the door gently. "Leia? I'm sorry for just now. Can we please talk?" I say nervously. When she doesn't answer, I knock again, but she doesn't open the door. I decide to give her space.

"I'm gonna go out and buy us dinner, okay?" 

Silence. 

I sigh sadly and get my keys. 10 minutes later, I reach McDonald's. When I remember going to the exact same place to have lunch with J, when we surprising Joe, I immediately feel a wave of nostalgia and sadness wash over me.

I send a text to Leia asking what she wants, but it goes unanswered. I order a fish filet for both of us, and then find a seat, feeling worse and worse about what had happened earlier in the day as time passes. 

I glance over at the screen projecting the order numbers, and that's when I see 2 familiar figures- Dani and J. My first instinct is to get up and go home as fast possible, but I take a deep breath and stand up. Now or never. 

I swallow when I see Dani's eyes widen in fear as she whispers something to J. They both just finished ordering, and are waiting to collect their take-away. As I get closer, J turns around too, and her expression is the exact opposite from Dani. She's not scared- she's mad.

"Hey guys, getting dinner?" I ask as casually as possible when I reach them. "Nah, we ate already, we're just picking up ice cream." J says, her voice still calm, but I know she's fuming inside. "7 ice creams?" I raise an eyebrow as the server calls their number and hands 5 cones to them.  "Yeah, the rest are waiting outside." J explains. She turns to Dani. "C'mon, let's go."  

"Wait, who's the rest?" I call, hurrying after them. "Joe... Kev... Leia." J says hesitantly, as if she doesn't want to tell me. "Leia? Leia's still at my place!" I say, shocked. J doesn't answer, so I follow her and Dani out to the car park where I see 2 cars waiting- Joe and Kev's car. 

Joe's pov 

When I see him following close behind J and Dani, my whole body tenses. Kev and Leia must have seen him at the same time as me, because they both inhale identical gasps. Who would've thought that us getting ice cream after pizza would turn out like this? As he approaches, I stand protectively in front of Leia, purely out of instinct. 

As he sees us, his mouth drops open. "Leia?" He asks in disbelief. "I thought- I thought you were back at my house!" Kevin stands beside Leia. "We had to pick her up because you were being abusive." He says angrily, glaring at his younger brother. 

I see Nick's eyes fill with unshed tears. So much for calling me out as attention seeking. "I'm sorry," It comes out as a whisper. "I didn't mean to..." 

"Well, you did." J snaps, coming to stand beside us with Dani by her side. She hands everyone, including Alena and Valentina, their ice cream.

"Can you give me another chance?" Nick asks as a tear slides down his cheek, as he looks from Leia to me to Kev, Dani and J. Kevin lets out a pent-up sigh. "Why don't we just all go back to my place and we can talk about this?" He offers, to which Nick nods readily.