I Always Will (Part One)

I wrote this chapter last night, but was waiting for someone to get the reference from last chapter so I could dedicate it to them, and low and behold: @DRARRYLOVR4LIFE

~~~

Draco always thought there was something wrong with the boy-who-lived. There was something off. But why would that be? Didn't Potter have everything? Fame, attention and all that?

Then there where times, Draco would see it. 

The flicker of emotion in the too-happy Boy-Who-Lived's eyes. 

Fear, terror, depression, miserable acceptance, and some other rare emotions...he would see flickers. It was rare, but not un-heard of to the Slytherin.

He asked his friends if they had ever noticed. Crabbe and Goyal and grunted in a no, Pansy had wailed about her Draccy-kins not paying enough attention to her, and Blaise would just raise an eyebrow, shaking his head with a suspicious look to his best friend. 

The first time he saw one of the four emotions besides the lucky-go-happy attitude the boy always seemed to have, was at Quiddich try outs, in their first year.

As Potter had flown into the air, Draco saw fear. Not unusual, it had been his first time flying. He discarded it. Then, Harry had politely (in a hushed voice so the others wouldn't hear) asked if Malfoy would "Please, just hand the ball over. We could stop this here and now." Draco had replied with a snotty remark, not planing on handing the ball over at all.

That's when he saw the second flicker. Miserable acceptance. They then gave chase for the little remembrall of Neville Longbottoms. 

The second time had been on Halloween the same year. When the teacher came in, shouting about a troll in the dungeon, Draco saw Harry's eyes (which he had been looking at for some reason) light up in terror. Draco discarded is again. It was a bloody troll in the dungeon for Merlin's sake! The teachers and seventh years where shaking in their boots.

Third year, there seemed to an aura around the Golden Boy. It made Draco sag, suddenly feeling depressed. He was also aware, after a Hogsmead trip, the aura grew, a lot. There was also constantly a hint of steely determination the rest of that year. 

Then with Buckbeak, once Draco had been hurt, and Hagrid was calming Buckbeak and yelling at Harry (who was closest, having just gotten off the Gryffin) to take him up to the hospital wing. As Draco had been lifted in the air (easily for Potter, it seemed. Which despite himself, he though was impressive. Potter was a stick, and Draco was the same age) by the black haired boy, he milked it for all it was worth, yelling about how he was dying, when it didn't hurt nearly as bad as when he had broken his arm after falling off his broom when he was seven (it had been his first time after all).

That's when he saw the flicker. Miserable acceptance, depression, fear, and the one that confused him most, concern. Harry had stared Draco down in his arms with miserable acceptance, concern, and fear for Draco's well being.

Draco had looked up at him with a moment of confusion, before shutting his eyes and continue to wail, milking it for all he could. 

The next time had been when Dumbledore had pulled his name out of the goblet. Terror hit his face, a look of depression in his eye. 

Harry had looked completely miserable up to the first task, which was a shock to Draco, because the Golden Boy wasn't his lucky-go-happy self. The rest of the school (at least the smarter bits) would've noticed, if they hadn't been too busy hating Harry, sending him glares every time they saw him. Draco almost pitied the boy, but quickly forgot about it as he would spill secrets and make up rumors to Rita Skeeter.