Part 05

Edited 10/30/22

I woke up thanks to the hot sun beaming on my damn face like I was paying for sins. I rolled over and noticed I wasn't in my room. This wasn't Karin's room either, nothing about this place seemed familiar. I leaned up in the bed looking around trying to figure out how I got here and just then the door swung open.
"K-king !?" What the hell. Why is he here ? And shirtless at that but damn did he look good. This nigga was well built. Damn show off, why the hell is he shirtless.
"Good morning." He spoke up putting his hands in his pockets.
"Um-morning.. Where am I ?"
"My crib."
"Pardon?"
"My home Jewel. You death or some?"
"Why am I here?" Why the hell was I at his house. I would ask how I got here but it's obvious enough that he brought me here. I looked down and just noticed I was in what I'm guessing is his shirt.
"Where are my clothes? Why am I wearing your shirt? Omg did we, did we have sex ?!" I blurted out. God you promised to save me from the pretty fuckboys.
"Trust me you'd know if we did." He said and I sighed in relief. Suddenly it all hit me at once. I was at a house party last night and the horrific thing that happened to me.
"T-that guy." I mumbled and the tears started streaming down my face. King came to my side and.. Hugged me? It seemed like an uncommon thing for him to do because it felt weird asl and not just because we're kinda strangers, his muscles were actually tensed like the entire thing made him feel awkward. Yet, he did it without hesitation.
"Don't worry yourself about him, he done for."
"He was all up on me. I-I kept telling him to s-stop but I couldn't get him off me." I cried pathetically. I remember that guy pinning me down and how much I cried and screamed for him to get off me but he just wouldn't let up. I remember him slapping me around like some fucking rag doll. How bad my cheeks stinged at the impact and how violated I felt. I was nothing compared to his strength. Who was I even fooling trying to fight him? I don't remember him getting me fully undressed but what if I knocked out. What if—what if he raped me. I started crying even harder just thinking of the possibility. I should've never went to that damn house party. I should've listened yo my guts that said it was too soon. The sketchy looking people the moment we got there should've been a sign to get the fuck outta there. King wasn't saying a thing, he just held me and let me cry. Eventually I was able to calm down and he lead me to the bathroom to wash up my face and I used an extra toothbrush to brush my teeth. When I was done I noticed King wasn't in the bedroom anymore so I left the room and found my way downstairs. Looking around I couldn't help but notice this place looked..manly. I joined King in the kitchen where he stood shirtless preparing something at the stove. "You live alone ?" I asked my voice croaking worse than a frog.
"Yeah." He answered without turning to look at me.
"Hm.. How old are you?" I questioned curious.
"I'm 24."
"You only four years older than me and you acting all grown and shit. Boy bye." I joked and he chuckled.
"How long have you lived alone ?"
"What is this 21 questions?"
"O-oh my bad. I'm just curious and trynna make convo. Sorry if I seem-"
"Calm down Jewel, it's cool but how about you get something on that stomach first before asking me anything else." He said handing me a plate and I nodded.

I hate chocolate tea but I didn't want to seem ungrateful

I hate chocolate tea but I didn't want to seem ungrateful. Although, the least he could've done was ask if I drink it first.

I cleared my plate and nearly died ten times struggling with the damn tea. Placing my dishes in the sink, I joined King upstairs. He was acting really casual about having a stranger at his home. What if I was a thief? I mean it doesn't seem to be much to steal here though, maybe that's why.
The house isn't huge, the walls are bare, there aren't many fixtures, everything just seems plain. Oddly plain, I mean I know he claimed to live alone but at least have pictures of yourself or something.

K I N G

After whipping up some breakfast, I ate my room leaving Jewel downstairs. She came up to my room when she was done but practically ran out of the bedroom when she took note of me wrapped in nothing but a towel. Shaking my head at her childish behavior I took a shower then headed downstairs once I was clothed. She offered to do the dishes which I denied but by the time I turned my back to take a call and return, the sink was cleared.
"So you a stubborn one huh."
"It bothers me leaving dishes in the sink" she said in a small tone almost as though she was a little embarrassed.
"It's cool."
"By the way thank you for last night, I don't think I said that yet."
"You don't gotta thank me for that."
"But that guy.. Did he.. Um. Did he-?" She couldn't even finish but I already knew what she was trynna ask. It took her long enough to ask. I bet it's been on her mind this whole time too. Maybe she was scared of the answer or embarrassed to ask.
"Whatever you thinking didn't happen. Try not to think about that."
"What happened to him?"
"Why do you care?"
"I don't. I'm just curious."
"He was dealt with."
"How?"
"Let it go Jewel." I sternly said.
"I'm ready for you to take me home then" She sighed.
"Let's go then." I said and motioned to the door. I grabbed my keys and we dipped.

"Damn this a nice place you got here ""You say that like it's actually mine

"You say that like it's actually mine. I live with my Paps. Until I build a crib better than this with my hard earned money, there ain't nothing to fuss about. This just where my parents provide me to lay my head."
"I mean I get the logic behind it. That's a good way of thinking. It always feel better knowing you got something from the ground up but you said you live with your Paps. What, your mom don't live here too?"I questioned.
"Uh.. No my mom isn't around." She uttered.
"Oh my bad, I ain't mean to-" It ain't like me to ask questions anyway. I never really care enough to, just mind my business.
"It's fine. She passed away five years ago so it's just been my dad and I in this big old house."
"I get it then, sorry to hear that."
"Yeah well that's life I guess." She shrugged.
"Anyway thanks for everything again." She offered me a small smile.
"You thanked me enough girl."
"I don't think so because lord alone knows what would've happened if you didn't show up King seriously. I'm praying that shit don't give me nightmares. I never had an encounter like that with anyone. It was terrifying."
"If you really wanna thank me, answer me when I text." I smirked
"Okay okay fair enough, hand me your phone"
"What for?"
"Um to put in my number.. duhh."
"I already got yo digits Jewel."
"No you don't. I never gave you my number."
"And that mean I couldn't get it elsewhere?"
"No you would've been hit me up." Truth is I just been caught up with other things that's why I ain't hit her line just yet.
"Imma holla at you."
"I bet you will King, see you around." She said while hopping out the whip and I pulled off.