Alfaaz 18: Muhafiz (Protector)

Aaj se teri har takleef meri, meri har khushi tere naam

Aaj se hui meri zindigi teri, meri har ek arz tere naam

Sahir sat on the coach near Zoya’s hospital bed for a long time, watching her. Zoya was sleeping. She was talking in her sleep. Sometimes, she took Haider’s name, Sahir’s name, or called for her Ammi, Abbu and sometimes spoke about her child. Zoya cried at times. It was the effect of the medicines. She was unconscious since the last two days. Sahir hadn’t slept since Zoya was admitted in the hospital. He stayed there. He didn’t go home or to his office. He was scared and wanted to be with Zoya when she woke up. Sahir slowly dozed off on the couch.
Sahir woke up listening to Zoya’s sobs. She had her hand on her stomach and she was crying aloud in her sleep.
Zoya: My baby. Sahir, my baby.
Sahir got up and walked towards Zoya and hugged her softly and whispered in her ears.
Sahir: The baby is fine. Our baby is completely fine. It’s okay, Zoya. Don’t be afraid. I am here.
Sahir caressed Zoya’s hair and kissed her hand and she slowly became calm. Sahir sat in a chair next to Zoya, holding her hand. He softly caressed it and cried silently.

****

Sahir sat in front of Dr. Nithi. Dr. Rupa was sitting next to him. Sahir was scared to core thinking about what she was going to say.
Doctor: Sahir.
Sahir: Yes, Nithi.
Doctor: Calm down, Sahir. You look terrified.
Sahir: I am terrified. Just tell me, Nithi.
Nithi: Zoya and your child are both out of danger now. We can discharge her in 3 days. But, she needs bed rest at least for the next 3 to 4 months. She should be in the bed for the next 3 weeks and shouldn’t be doing anything on her own. You have to get someone to help her in everything. Even for going to bathroom. She shouldn’t be allowed to walk for the coming 3 weeks. I know that it’s going to be tough for you but you have to get a home nurse.
Sahir: I will.
Nithi: Sahir, Zoya has gone through a very bad trauma. So, more than her body, it’s her mind that needs rest. She is weak both mentally and physically. You have to stay by her side and not blame her for anything.
Sahir’s eyes teared up. His voice trembled.
Sahir: How can I blame her for anything, Nithi? I will never do that. Just keep her alive. I will take care of everything else.
Nithi: Zoya will be fine, Sahir. Don’t worry. We got this. And one more thing. If in case Zoya loses this child, she will go in to a very dark place from where it will be tough to bring her back. So, we are trying everything to keep the child alive. Also, keep this in mind. Give her peace, love and no tension at all. If she wants to cry, let her but don’t let her become hysteric.
Sahir: Yes, I got it.
Nithi: Take care, Sahir. We got this.
Sahir: Thank you, Nithi.

****

Sahir opened his laptop. His personal secretary was standing next to him. He was sitting in his cabin in the hospital. Sahir seldom visited the hospital. Rupa was in charge of the hospital chain. The hospital chain was developed by Sahir in the memory of his family. Sahir did many charity works through it. Sahir switched on the laptop and tried to connect to the video conference. He got connected to his core team. Sahir tried to smile.
Sahir: Hi team.
Team: Hi, Sir.
Sahir: I want to start by apologizing to you all. I am so sorry for not coming to office and not attending any calls. I know that I have put you all under a lot of pressure. I am really sorry.
Dev: Please, Sir. We can understand the situation. We tried the best we could to handle the situation. Everything is fine, Sir. How is ma’am?
Sahir: She is fine.
Geet: We are relieved, Sir.
Sahir: I have something to tell you all. I will not be able to come to office or go for any domestic or foreign business trips for the next 8 months at least. I am going to stay home with my wife. She needs me. So, I want you guys, my personal team to take care of everything on my behalf. I will be contacting all the heads of our various business and service chains in the coming week. My responsibilities will be split between them. They will be travelling and meeting clients on my behalf and it’s your duty to make sure that they know everything.
Shaan: Yes, Sir.
Sahir: I will be approving extra salary packages for some of my staff for the extra work they will be doing. I want you guys to look in to that as well. I will be available any time in my house. Call me, text me or video call me. If I am not available at that time, I will contact you later. Your team will be the primary contact for everyone and you should filter their needs and contact me only if needed. You can start recruiting new members for the team from tomorrow onwards. Please contact the HR team. You guys can come to my home anytime. I will be available for any kind of discussions.
Diya: Yes, Sir. We got it. We will try our best.
Sahir: Thank you, guys. I am grateful. Bye.
Sahir switched off the laptop and his secretary took it.
Sahir: You can contact me any time, John. Make sure all goes well.
John: Yes, Sir.
Sahir: Thank you.
John: May I say something, Sir?
Sahir: Yes, sure John.
John: Please get some sleep, Sir.
Sahir: Yes, I will.
Sahir smiled.