Alfaaz 19: Bepannaah (Unsheltered)

***warning***

Disturbing content inside..18+..

Jinn lamho mein teri maujudgi ho, unn lamho mein hi zindagi hai
Jinn dadkano mein tera naam ho, unn dadkanon se hi zindagi hai

Zoya laid on the couch in the kitchen. It had been 5 weeks since she had come home from the hospital and now, she was able to walk slowly. Sahir had asked to put a couch in the kitchen so that, they could talk while Sahir cooked. Sahir cooked a lot these days. He was getting bored at home and tried out new recipes. He never let Zoya eat them. He either ate them himself or threw them away. He didn’t want to take any risks with her health.
Zoya smiled watching Sahir cook real seriously.
Zoya: Why are you cooking with me sitting here, when you won’t even let me eat anything, Sahir?
Sahir: I do that because I miss being with you in the kitchen when you used to cook for me. And I am just experimenting and I can’t let you eat this.
Zoya smiled.
Zoya: Sahir, I wanted to tell you something. Something very important. I was trying to say this since a few weeks now.
Sahir didn’t turn around. He kept the knife down. He was scared. He didn’t know what she was going to say. His heart started beating faster.
Sahir: Later, Zoya. Let me make some coffee for you now.
Zoya: Sahir, you said that I can tell you anything and you will listen, right.
Sahir: I did.
Sahir turned around and took a deep breath and came and sat next to Zoya and took her hand in his hand and looked in to her eyes.
Sahir: Tell me, Zoya.
Sahir touched Zoya’s face and smiled. But his insides were trembling.
Zoya: Sahir, when Haider came to know about my pregnancy and broke down saying that I would leave him, I promised him that I will give birth to this child and will give the child to you and will never see you or our child ever again.
Sahir was stunned hearing Zoya’s words but he didn’t say anything back. Zoya’s eyes teared up and tears fell from them. Her voice trembled.
Zoya: I didn’t want to keep this a secret from you, Sahir. I didn’t tell him this because I loved him. I felt guilty of forgetting him and living happily with you when he was suffering. I wanted to save his life. I felt like I didn’t deserve happiness. I am sorry, Sahir. Please say something.
Sahir smiled.
Sahir: Coffee.
Zoya looked at Sahir in disbelief. Sahir cupped Zoya’s face with his hands and kissed her forehead and wiped her tears away. He got up and walked towards the stove.
Sahir stood there facing the wall, pretending to be making coffee and his eyes teared up. He imagined how it would be without Zoya and his heart broke. He was afraid. He didn’t want to lose her. Suddenly, he felt a hold on his hand. It was Zoya. Sahir still didn’t turn around. He wiped his tears to hide them from her. Zoya turned Sahir around and hugged him softly. Then she looked in to his eyes.
Zoya: You asked me not to keep any sadness in my heart, Sahir. So, I said it out. Same goes for you. Tell me what you are feeling, Sahir. I want to hear your heart. You can’t keep on hiding your tears from me, your anger from me.
Sahir: I can’t hurt you, Zoya.
Zoya: I won’t be hurt, Sahir. I am no longer sad about anything anymore. I am just grateful. I am grateful that I have you in my life. I thank Allah everyday for sending you to me. Just tell me what you are feeling now. Scold me, get angry. Do whatever you want, Sahir.
Sahir stayed silent for sometime and then he took Zoya’s head in his hands and looked in to her eyes. He softly kissed her on her lips. He kept on kissing her for a long time. Zoya kissed him back. After sometime, Sahir broke the kiss off. He looked in to Zoya’s eyes. She was panting lightly.
Sahir: Zoya, I am sad, angry, hurt and I am in love with you. I love you so very much. Go and sit there now. Let me make that coffee for you.
A lone tear escaped Sahir’s eye.
Zoya: Why don’t you ever hate me, Sahir? No matter whatever I do, you still keep loving me.
Sahir: Maybe, my love for you is so deep that it overcomes every other emotion, even hatred. I don’t think I can ever hate you, Zoya. So do whatever you want, say whatever you want to say. I will still love and will stay by your side.
Sahir smiled. Zoya smiled back with tears in her eyes and took his hand in her hand and kissed it. Sahir hugged Zoya softly.