Lily of the Valley

“There was once a King and they had ruled over the Lands of Camelot for years, beside them was their trusted Knights of the Round Table and the Court Magician. But it was never a fairy tale to begin with, soon the country fell into ruins when the Court Magician disappeared and everything the King wanted to protect all destroyed from a war, the King hen died succumbing to his wounds forever yearning for his beloved to be back in his arms. His last words were;

“Someday, we shall meet again my beloved. Never to part ways again…”

But he could hear someone as they cradled him in their arms,

“Someday, we will be reunited, my love. I will be here, waiting for you…Arthur.”

The boy named Arthur Pendragon would then awaken from his slumber, he couldn’t call it a dream or a nightmare. The steady sounds of the cicadas and the gentle breeze from his open window would all be drowned by his heart that continued to beat fast along with the sound of his erratic breathing . Wiping the sweat that had accumulated on his forehead, he would reach for the water on his bedside table. Seeing his reflection on the mirror adjacent to his bed, he was flushed to say the least. Looking at the clock, he’d take note that he had woken up far too early, three hours early from his first day of school, well the beginning of his last year in high school that is. To take his mind off his dream, he would start checking his bag if he missed anything from it, pencil case, notebooks, books, binder and lastly his lucky charm from his childhood.

He would close the window that he apparently left open, good thing he didn’t open the air condition or his father would give him an earful. Heading down the stairs, he was met with his sisters who all wore the same uniform as him, just the female variant. Their uniform was the standard Homuhara Academy released uniform, but with his father’s incessant demands for his children to wear the highest quality material and had a tailor make the uniforms of his children that suits his refined taste after all he was trying to one up his competitor, Lugalbanda Su’en of the Uruk Corporations. Afterall he was Uther Pendragon, CEO of one of the largest businesses in the world named Camelot Industries.

Eating breakfast has never been normal in the Pendragon Family, Arthuria was already hogging the rice, Altria was already eating her burgers, while Lily would be chatting with Uther about how excited she was at her first day of Middle School in the same academy as her siblings. Sitting at his normal spot on the table, the butler would serve Arthur his breakfast which were English Scones, Eggs on Bacon, and diced fresh fruits with Earl Grey tea. After everyone had finished their breakfast, they would head back to their rooms to brush their teeth.

The chauffeur would open the door of the family limousine for the four Pendragons. Lilly went ahead first before Altria, then Arthuria, lastly Arthur, and soon they would be heading out of their family property. His phone will ring from his pocket as his best friend Wodime Kirschtaria would send him a picture of his elder brother Romani lecturing their father, Solomon. Arthur would laugh at what his friend sent him, replying that he would want to know the details of what had transpired. Watching from the window, he would notice the Su’en Family’s car leaving their family’s property. Passing by their village’s gate, they would be on their way to their school.

On the school gates he would see his best friend’s older brother, Romani Archaman talking to a man with long flowing pinkish white hair tied in a pony tail. The two men wore button up shirts and black slacks, Arthur knew Romani was a registered doctor, but who was the guy? He couldn’t clearly see their face but he was already enamoured by them, his eyes would stay focused on the man until their car enters the academy grounds.

His sisters would all be leaving the car except for him until he could hear a small cough from the open door where Wodime was smiling at him. They had parked beside Kirshchtaria’s car, scratching the back of his head, Arthur would head out of the limousine, thanking the chauffeur for their service. Girls would already flock the two of the most hottest students of the school. Only for the screams to grow louder when the Su’en car parked. Heading out of both doors were the twins, Gilgamesh and Girugameshu, and their little brother, Ko Gil. However, Ko Gil was clutching an unfamiliar woman’s shirt, his two older brothers were glaring daggers at him. Enkidu would also head out of the car. With a small chuckle, the woman would try to pry Ko off of her.