Part 3

"Stiles!" The boy jumped, his mouth full of food. "Stop eating all the curly fries!"

"'M hngr!"

You giggled as he struggled to communicate through all the potato. "Could you ask Scott to make me some chicken tenders and new curlies, please."

Finally, he swallowed. "Woman, do you see anyone else behind this counter?"

You had just walked in and settled your sister into the nearest booth, so you hadn't had much of a chance to look around yet. "Where is everyone?"

"Lydia had an appointment with the school shrink, Scott and Allison are still in the parking lot PROBABLY MAKING OUT!" he shouted out the drive through window. "And Isaac is just MIA."

You looked around the dining area, and except for Cassie, it was empty. "Hey, Cass? I need to go into the kitchen real quick, alright?"

"Ok," her little voice squeaked.

You rushed into the kitchen and loaded one fryer with chicken strips and another with fries and put them in the oil. It would be a few minutes, so you started to load ice cream into the blender for a small milkshake.

Scott came in, looking apologetic, and resumed looking over the food. You passed Allison on the way to give Cassie her shake, and she grinned at you with a blush.

"Strips and fries!" Scott called.

You grabbed some sauce cups along with the plate, and set them on your sister's table. "You know the drill?"

"Eat, wash hands, then homework," she recited proudly.

You kissed the top of her head and left her to her meal. It wasn't often you had to take Cassie to work with you, but she was a great kid and your friends loved her, so you didn't mind.

"Welcome to Argent's," you heard Stiles say from the window. "What can we get for you today?"

The list of food grew longer, as did Allison's concern for Scott, and she asked if you could watch the counter for her while she helped him in the kitchen. Stiles covered the mic, saying she'd better have meant help him with the food, causing everyone to laugh.

A group of students from the academy came in, taking a seat at one of the booths. You grabbed some menus and walked over to them, ready to take their orders. As you were pouring their drinks, a man walked up to the counter and looked around for someone to help him.

"I'll be with you in a moment, sir." Thankfully, the students still needed a few minutes to decide what they wanted, and you were able to help the man at the counter. Isaac showed just as you were about to return to the student's table, and you noticed he was walking a bit slower than usual. "You alright?" you whispered. "You need to sit?"

"I'm fine."

His pained expression told you he wasn't, but you knew him well enough to know he didn't want to be fussed over. So you nodded and told him to take it easy, and you were joined by Allison again when he disappeared into the kitchen.

It wasn't long before Lydia ran in, looking flushed. "Oh my god, have you seen the guy at the window?"

"Stiles?" Allison asked.

She rolled her eyes. "The customer!"

You and Allison tried to look past Stiles, but the bags of food were in the way and the man drove away right after.

"What about him?"

"He was gorgeous!"

"Who was gorgeous?" Stiles asked, approaching the counter.