unravel

Auhtors pov:

The clock struck eight as Hoseok emerged from his study room. The living area bustled with activity, everyone present except for Taehyung, who remained nestled in his room. Hoseok's face held a serious expression as he announced, "I have something important to tell you all, about Taehyung." Confusion rippled through the group as their eyes flickered towards him.

"I've gathered some information," Hoseok continued, settling onto the couch. "Jungkook, why the intense look?" he inquired playfully, sensing the younger boy's eagerness.

"Just tell us, hyung! Don't leave us in suspense," Namjoon urged, his eyebrows furrowing with curiosity.

Hoseok held up a document. "I obtained this information, and hyung confirmed it. Before I reveal everything, there's something you need to know..."

"Alright, alright, what about him, Hoseok? Spill it!" Seokjin couldn't contain his curiosity any longer. 

Taking a deep breath, Hoseok finally announced, "Taehyung... he's the son of Mr. Kim."

A collective gasp filled the room. "Mr. Kim?" Namjoon stammered, disbelief clouding his features. The others mirrored his reaction, jaws agape in shock. Even Jungkook, usually unfazed, found his eyes glued to his shoes.

"Yes, Mr. Kim Woobin," Hoseok clarified. "The one who passed away in a car accident ten years ago, along with his wife. Though, the circumstances surrounding their deaths remain shrouded in mystery. Was it truly an accident, or was it something more sinister? Since then, Taehyung has been living with his servant whom he calls aunt Rosey, and uncle Lee."

""Guess what, guys?" Hoseok added, a another curiosity glint in his eyes.

Despite their initial sadness and worry, the group's expressions shifted as Hoseok continued, "I received word from our hyung. He sent Taehyung's information and revealed that Tae is, in fact, our new mission. We need to protect him at any cost."

Jungkook, ever the impatient one, interjected, "We already knew that!"

Jin chimed in with a wry smile, "We've faced countless enemies, kidnapped individuals, and done our fair share of risky tasks. But protecting someone... that's new territory for us. And here we were, already acting as his protectors unknowingly."

A somber mood settled upon them as Jimin spoke, his voice laced with emotion, "I can't help but wonder what Tae has endured - losing his parents, living with his aunt and uncle. He must have felt so alone."

The others murmured in agreement, their faces reflecting sympathy.

"That's why we need to uncover what Aunt Rosey and Uncle Lee are keeping hidden," Hoseok stated, his voice firm. "Knowing everything is crucial to protecting Tae. This message from our hyung signifies significant danger, which means Tae is in grave peril."

Concern and determination etched their features.

Jungkook's anger simmered, his jaw clenched and fists balled tightly. "I won't let anyone touch him! I'll eliminate anyone who dares to harm him!"

"Yes, let's protect Tae at all costs," declared Yoongi, his gaze sweeping across the group. "He's one of us now, our responsibility. We can't lose him."

A chorus of nods filled the room as they prepared for what was to come. Just then, a sound interrupted Hoseok from speaking further...

A sleepy Tae shuffled down the stairs, looking impossibly adorable in his night pajamas. He rubbed his eyes, clutching a pillow to his chest, his conversation with Jimin cut short by slumber. Before Jimin could scoop up the dozing boy, Jungkook, having dashed back upon canceling his meeting, scooped Taehyung onto his arms. And so, here was Taehyung, descending from his new room, still clinging to the remnants of his sleep.